Gus - Just Asking For Good Thoughts

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Lots of good thoughts coming your way for Gus. Aerosmom has had a lot of experience with neurologists in Massachusetts and she can probably recommend a good one.

I'd highly recommend Dr. Ruehlman at Angell Memorial. She was very thorough and very compassionate. Her associate Dr. Sisson has an excellent reputation as well. For Cricket's initial appointment, she reviewed two years of her records in advance and also spent 1 1/2 hours with us. Unfortunately she saw Cricket too late in the game but I was very impressed with her.

I'm so sorry Gus is having trouble. It does sound neurological, at least from my limited experience. Sending lots of hugs and positive thoughts Kerri. :grouphug

Gail

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Sending my hugs and prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Many hugs and scritches coming to you and Gus, Kerri. You can decide who gets what though. :P Kelsey hopes to see Gus tomorrow in the senior pen. She says it just wouldn't be a Fling without him! :beatheart:wub:

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

I can vouch for Dr. Sisson too. Wondering about LS advancing. Increased knuckling, delayed signals from brain to legs, dropped poops seem to point in a neurological direction. Hope I see Gus later today.

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger

"If you want to hear the patter of little feet I'll put shoes on my dogs."

Wish I had more knowledge of this, but please know that you and Gus are in our thoughts and prayers. You take such good care of your sweet boy. It's so hard to see them growing older and more fragile.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest jurishound

Hello Kerri - Sorry to hear about Gus's illness! I just wanted to add that Cuffy (almost 13) was behaving somewhat similarly - not knuckling under, but limping and standing around as you described. We did a tick panel and his lyme titer was high. He improved quite a bit after a day or so of doxy. I hope he's feeling better very soon. Joslin

Guest crazy4greys

Knuckling under sounds like LS. My boy Phoenix had that. Chiropractic adjustments and Adequan injections helped a lot!

I aslo suggest acupuncture.

I hope Gus feels better soon.

Edited by crazy4greys

My first thought was also LS. For general well being have you tried acupuncture? Sending lots of good healing thoughts and gentle ear scritches to Gus. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Thank you all for your thoughts and insight. I've got all of the questions and info in my notebook.

As far as acupuncture, we've tried it in the past for 5 treatments with no sign of the treatment having an effect and at the Dr's advice we stopped. When Battle goes for his next acupuncture treatment on wednesday, I'll speak with Dr. about trying it again and seeing if it's worth it to try it again.

Thank you all so much, it really means a lot to both Gus and I.

Gus really enjoyed hanging with Miss Kelsey today. :wub: He enjoyed his day of socializing and lounging.

Edited by MomofSweetPotatoes

Guest HersheysMom

No advice just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and Gus. I know how frustrating it is trying to figure out what's wrong and what to do about it.

Hope you get some answers on Tuesday.

Gus really enjoyed hanging with Miss Kelsey today. :wub: He enjoyed his day of socializing and lounging.

Kelsey loved cuddling with Gus in the senior pen, too! He may be a bit wobbly but she still thinks he's a handsome stud muffin! :beatheart:wub::beatheart

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.