Jupp Is Coming Home...

Guest siamanti

Jupp is quite a handsome fellow and I'm so glad he's making such good progress.

I hope as the week end goes on he gets stronger and stronger.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

What a handsome fellow! Looks and sounds like he is doing amazingly well -- still difficult and frustrating and frightening for you, I know.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest siamanti

2 March a.m

Just a little short update on Jupp. We are getting about five hours sleep per night which is more than I expected and he continues to eat well. We even had a poop outside. Walking is still not possible as he draggs both knuckles around the floor. He can stand ok but I don't think there is not much feeling in the legs just yet. Anyway it is only three and half days since the operation so I think he is doing really well considering. He doesn't like his crate and although I keep the door open when I am in the room, he is pretty whiney about it. I don't believe he is in any major pain at present and I am delighted about that.

I will try and keep you posted and hope the progress continues!

Siamanti

He's probably still got some post op swelling, hopefully he'll improve rapidly once that goes down. He sounds as if he's doing really well. Sorry bout the sleep though. As you say, perhaps better than you expected, but still not good, huh? :(

It's a good sign that he isn't passive but wants out, even though it makes life difficult right now. ;)

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I've just had to go and search and catch up on Jupps story (I'm so behind :blush) but am very pleased to read that he's had his op and is now home :)

I can imagine that it's very difficult to get him in and out of the crate. I was wondering whether a 'pen' set up might be easier for you all? When Darcy had her amputation, we wanted to confine her but knew that the crate scenario just wasn't going to work for us so we went to Pets at Home and got a small animal garden enclosure thingy. It was just panel sides and you can make it into various shapes. It's not got a floor or a roof. I think it was about £25 ish. I'll go and find a pic to show you (because my description is dire) :rolleyes:

Here we go

43125026cf0f092677382fd6ba7d30fb.jpg

I'd offer to lend you ours but I'm not sure how we'd get it to Hastings :unsure (We're in Oldham).

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest siamanti

thank you for your replies. I think the crate will have to do for Jupp during the day when I am out at work as it offers the safest solution. When I am home as I have done this weekend I will carry him to my bed in the front room next to him where he is very happy and settled. I am not looking forward to leaving him alone during the day but I am afraid, I have to earn some money for his treats and taking time off is unfortunately not an option. I am a bit apprehensive but hope that tommorrow will go well. Mel will check on him during the day, so he will not be on his own all day. He is still very wobbly but trying really hard.

Please keep the good thoughts coming!

Siamanti

He really is a handsome boy with a very gentle look about him. I'm happy to hear of his progress, all sounds good. Will continue with good thoughts and plenty of prayers.And thank you for posting updates, especially with what you're in the middle of.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Checking for news -- been thinking about handsome Jupp and his person.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest siamanti

Day 6 after surgery

It has been six days since Jupp's surgery and mobility wise there has been very little improvement if any, but I am assured this is to be expected. Jupp continues to eat well, drinks very little and seems to be in relatively little pain. He is becoming a very demanding patient not wanting me to leave his side at any time. The wound seems to be healing well though and fur is starting to grow back. We have our next appointment on Monday so we will see what the surgeon says. I was hoping for a bit more mobility by now but reading all the literature, I think I am just expecting too much too soon.

Siamanti

All paws crossed for Jupp! And some special scritchies for him :wub: .

I think it can take quite awhile for him to get his mobility back after -1- the original problem, and -2- the surgery on top of that. Patience, patience :) . It sounds like he's doing really well.