Alan Going To Vet

Guest ss556

He's going today at 10:00 for a checkup. He needs to have blood & urine done to see how the GN, or kidney disease is doing. He wasn't himself last week and it worried me, but this week he's better and that's probably b/c I made the vet appt!!!! Anyway, asking for some positive thoughts for my little old man that the results are good.

CIMG0541.jpg

Edited by ss556

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! Hope Alan's results come back good. :goodluck Keep us posted!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending prayers and gentle ear scritches to Alan. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Wishing Alan an uneventful and clean bill of health visit.

Update when you can!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers and very gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

UPDATE. He is doing ok. Last week's episode may have been that he threw a clot. I gave him an aspiriin anyway, so that I guess was good. He was "off" for a week. His teeth are so-so, he's on antibiotic for 5 days, once a month; cet rinse twice weekly, his pannus is ok, has a heart murmur (not new) didn't check the bp, said he's doing fine, no need to (?) he gained weight - 96 lbs. - so I will decrease some food. Told me to use tums or oyster shell calcium tablets instead of eggshells as they are treated; would like to see some k/d food added to his daily home cooking.

I will get the results of the blood & urine tests tomorrow and that will tell us where he is at with the kidney disease.

Any comments on the above are appreciated as well as all of your good thoughts for my Sweet Old Boy.

Just have to add that we had one of the best vet assistants today - Alan didn't make the room sound like a train was going through it! She was great with him! It makes a difference.

Time for a diet Alan! How much does he need to drop?

Glad all good news.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

The Vet didn't say, just that it can't be good for his joints. I think he should drop some weight. I think the lowest I remember him weighing was 88 lbs. So, I'll cut back on some treats and a small amount in each meal. Tomorrow, when I get the lab results, I'll find out when he has to go back and then he will be weighed again. My little tubby.