Todd Was Attacked

Guest greyhounds4life

Guest lilwolfe

I hope he does ok. I understand how important it is to have the vet check things out. My chi got into a fight with a cat. It didn't look like he got bit so we didn't take him in. the next day he started shaking violently and the back of his neck had swelled to the size of an orange. he stopped eating. He was on antibiotics for a very long time. he still goes after cats though. Hope your guy is doing well.

Guest greyhounds4life

Thank you guys! Well just to update: all went well at the vets. Todd was vet brave, and the vet checked him over, and said he didn't think there was anything to worry about. He said we'd done a good job of cleaning it up and the wounds looked clean. He's given us a 5 day course of anti-biotics, just incase there is any infection.

We have had otters in our garden before, we're right beside the shore, and they do come up. Todd regularly chases them on the shore, but they can always get away into the sea, where Todd won't go. But we believe he chased it and pinned it in a corner, and it turned on him. The vet said an otter attack was likely due to the width between the bite marks. I'm certain Todd would have killed a cat before it touched him. He's killed a cat before, he would have just snapped it in half before it would have got to his face. Plus a cat would have scratched as well and there's no scratches!

So yeah, he's doing good. Thanks for all your well wishes, I'll give him a hug from all of you!

OMG his poor eye. So lucky he didn't lose it, poor baby. How is he today?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My goodness! He is VERY lucky to escape with just those wounds. I have heard that otters can be ferocious fighters. Poor Todd!

You did a good job cleaning him up and he should heal well, but whether he'll chase otters in future ... maybe he'll learn his lesson. ;)

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest IrskasMom

Ohhhh that close to the Eye is very scary . I am always worried ,when I let my Boy out at Night. We don't have

Otters , but Racoon's and maybe other wild Creature's .

Gentle Hugs for Todd :grouphug:grouphug

Guest greyhounds4life
OMG his poor eye. So lucky he didn't lose it, poor baby. How is he today?

He is doing OK thanks. Still looking a little sorry for himself, but he's making sure he's getting extra treats :rolleyes: he took his tablets like a good boy, and hopefully he won't catch anything now.

Thank goodness he's alright. :)

Now, note to all wildlife and domestic stragglers: Look out for this guy! He means business!

Whether he will stop chasing otters all together is a completely different matter. He's not the brightest of dogs...LOL this was probably the otter getting his own back for all the times Todd has chased him! :P

I am very happy to hear that it was nonething serious, I think for a while I would go out with him and watch him. :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter