Cracked Paws

Patrick's back pads had been getting bad this winter, until I started massaging utter cream (from Trader Joes) into them every night. Now I think my spoiled boy loves getting his pedicures :wub:

What else has worked well for people? --Just curious.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Someone suggested pad-kote so I ordered some online and have been trying it. It seems to help Wayne(please don't laugh at his name) He had trouble if we walked on a hard surface so I started using the pad-kote every other day and it has helped. But there's a lot of votes for Bag Balm which I may try as well. That might not be as messy as pad-kote

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Patrick's back pads had been getting bad this winter, until I started massaging utter cream (from Trader Joes) into them every night. Now I think my spoiled boy loves getting his pedicures :wub:

What else has worked well for people? --Just curious.

I'm pretty sure you mean UDDER cream!

You know, the dangly part of the lady cow is her udder!

Bag Balm is the most famous udder balm, and it works wonders on my own cracked skin. George ended up with three bloody paws on Saturday from the ice crust on the snow, so I cleaned him up and applied some. It has a very mind anticeptic in it in addition to (I believe) lanolin. Great stuff!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Yep, Udder cream--sometimes my fingers are faster than my brain.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.