Beecher Is In Pain Tonight

Guest TBSFlame

Guest TBSFlame

Beecher has been on Rimadyl for about a month. He has shown no pain. He is being changed over to Deramaxx and I had to let him go for 3 days to flush his system before starting the Deramaxx. He started the Deramaxx today. Yesterday, it seemed to hurt a bit when he tried to come up the steps so I gave him a Tramadol. Tonight he could not get comfortable so I gave him another one about an hour ago. How long should it take to kick in? He has had no pain whatsoever and tonight he has pain. The tumor has grown and is really getting big. I sit her crying, I don't think I am ready for this. I hope it is just getting the pain under control. It came on so sudden. :weep He is restless and in pain. I feel so helpless. Please God, not yet. :weep

Guest Mom2Gr8dawgs

I'm so sorry Linda. :grouphug I know some meds take a little while to kick in. When our Holly had osteo, we thought we were losing her. She had been switched from Deramaxx and Tramadol to Piroxicam and Tramadol. After 2 days with no improvement, we were ready to make a decision, but on the 3rd day, she was back to chasing squirrels. I'm sending lots of good thoughts and prayers to you and Beecher. :grouphug

I"m sorry your boy is hurting. :( What dosage of Tramadol did you give him, and how much does he weigh?

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest TBSFlame
I"m sorry your boy is hurting. :( What dosage of Tramadol did you give him, and how much does he weigh?

He weights about 70 pounds (he looks like he has lost some more). I gave him a 50mg tab about 10:00.

He is laying on his dog bed in the bedroom now but he is not sleeping. He should be sound asleep.

:grouphug

Hopefully it is only because of the switchover. Fingers crossed that Beecher is back to his sleepy self soon!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

TBSFlame, sent you a PM. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I hope u are able to keep your babe comfortable. Snowman is on deramax 75mg 1 tab 1x a day & tramadol 50mg 2 tabs 2xa day. I would say u need to up his tramadol but that is just my opinion (not a doctor)

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

By the time Argus had to go to the bridge I was giving him 16 50mg Tramadol per day (in addition to morphine) with no obvious ill effects. I would call your vet to be sure, but you can probably significantly raise his dose.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Here's the max. dosing of meds the Vet said I could use for Alex:

- 75 mg Rimadyl x 2 day

- 50 mg Tramadol. Can increase up to 100 mg. 4 x day.

First increase the number of doses per day.

- 100 mg Neurotin x 1 day

Guest HeatherDemps

I'd talk to your vet but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to increase the Tramadol. We have 50mg pills and my grey gets 1 and 1/2 pills 3x/day and the vet said we could increase them to 2 and 1/2 pills each dose. I think the oncologist indicated that we could increase further than that but we have not had to increase yet. Dempsey weighs 72.8 if that helps.

I hope that Beecher is feeling better this morning.

Guest TBSFlame
By the time Argus had to go to the bridge I was giving him 16 50mg Tramadol per day (in addition to morphine) with no obvious ill effects. I would call your vet to be sure, but you can probably significantly raise his dose.

Wow, that's a lot. Thanks. I will up his meds today. He has a vet appointment tomorrow to check his liver values. I will also be taking my 12 yo girl in for her yearly well check but she is anything but well. I am worried about what they may find. Adopting 2 4.5 year olds at the same time means you have two 12 year olds at the same time. Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by TBSFlame

How is Beecher feeling this morning? Did he get some rest..? Sending hugs :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest TBSFlame

Yes, he did finally get to sleep. I have increased his Tamadol and his pain is under control this morning. I think I got so upset b/c he went from no pain to pain so quickly. Beecher has a way of looking at me to fix everything. He will make eye contact and just look into your soul. He is a wonderful boy and is loved by all.

Good news - glad to hear it.

Beecher has a way of looking at me to fix everything. He will make eye contact and just look into your soul. He is a wonderful boy and is loved by all.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending my prayers for continued comfort. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.