Tramadol Dose Question Resolved:update Post 38

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

Monty had a fun run with Kalli yesterday. He seemed fine after the run but then started to whine and wouldn't walk much. His back feet seemed to hurt. By the end of the evening he again seemed fine.

Today he is bearing no weight on his back left foot. It looks swollen to my untrained eye. He has no appetite and is shaky. I think he is pain.

I gave him two Tramadol, 50 mg each, which I think is the dose he had after his tumour surgery. The bottle from our derm vet for PRN pain recommends 1 1/2 pills. I am now second guessing myself, altho' I am fairly sure he was on 2 Tramadol.

Monty weighs 80 lbs.

We have a call into our vet and I will take him in to the vet tomorrow. I want to avoid the e vet today if possible, it is DS's birthday and also the e vet is often so expensive.

Edited by greytmonty

Oh, my. Thinking good thoughts for Monty. Keep him calm today, but, I guess he doesn't exactly feel like running around.

Thank you for the card and your written sentiments. It was very thoughtful of you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

2 should be fine--Patrick takes 2 twice a day for arthritis. Poor Monty.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Yup, 2 is fine. I can even give Polli 2 at her weight of 57 pounds. hope he is better soon.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greytmonty

Monty is still feeling very poorly but our vet is so great. The tech met me at the hospital to get me some Rimadyl, so he can take both, the vet feels that is the best pain management for today. Monty's Tramadol dose is 2 50-mg tabs up to three times per day so we are ok.

We soaked his foot in warm epsom salts. he is barely wanting to walk anywhere, even "bye bye in the car" held little excitement for him.

We have a vet appt Monday at 5 pm.

We are keeping him quiet. All he wants to do is lie down.

Guest greytmonty

Monty ate dinner. He is COMPLETELY lame on that foot but the pain meds make him able to go outside and do his business.

I jinxed myself yesterday. I told my father "Monty is healthier than he has been since we adopted him".

:huh

Guest greytmonty

Good news! Monty decided he had seen enough vets for 2007 (no jinx now, please) and his foot is better today!

It is still a little swollen but he is walking normally most of the time, eating well, and happy and energetic.

shhhhh.............

Good boy Monty! Take care of that foot, no more scaring your Mom!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest Tenderhearts
Good news! Monty decided he had seen enough vets for 2007 (no jinx now, please) and his foot is better today!

It is still a little swollen but he is walking normally most of the time, eating well, and happy and energetic.

shhhhh.............

*whispers 'I'm glad he's feeling better' * :)

Monty Monty Monty....this no way to end the year! Hope it's nothing serious!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest greytmonty

Well Monty may have a hairline fracture of the outside toe (5th metatarsal?). It is very tender, the vet had trouble examining him and took a long time to be very thorough. It didn't strike her as an obvious fracture but he acted as if it were a hairline. She said there was no point in sedating him for x rays at this point as all she would want to do now is protect it and give him pain relief. She bandaged him all up, he looks like a real injured athlete, ha!. Pain meds and slow leash walks and then in 2 weeks check in with her. If at that point he is pain free when off the meds then bandage off. If not, then at that point, sedation and x rays.