Pickle The Wonderhorse, 2006-2007

Guest fountainpengwen

Guest fountainpengwen

My friend Brenda lost her horse today to some mysterious illness. (She's a vet, too, and none of us can come up with a good answer.)

He was only a yearling, and they were the perfect team. I'm not sure why I feel compelled to post here. I suppose so that Brenda can have lots of loving thoughts sent her way.

Here's the end of his story, as told by Brenda.

"We all loved him so much. Through all of this scary hospital stuff, he kept his eyes and ears on me, and did everything I asked of him, stood still and brave for everything. He tucked his head in my arms as the last moments approached. He knew. He went quietly like the brave little guy he's always been.

I've been full of wonder and amazement these last couple of months, wondering why and how it is that he was so smart and talented, so understanding of anything I ever asked him to try. Why was it that I had a yearling who I could sit on, who learned a bunch of tricks and never dreamt of behaving badly to anyone? It was because I had such a short time to love him and be with him. We had a lot to fit into just a little time.

My bumpy faced boy was a dream come true. I wouldn't change a thing. He spent every moment exceeding my wildest dreams and I am lucky to have loved him.

Pickle, I love you."

Godspeed, Pickle.

(edited because "lost" starts with an "l.")

Here's a pic I stole from her.

forbren.jpg

Edited by fountainpengwen

Awww...that is so sweet.

I'm so sorry for her loss...at least he knew he was loved til the end.

I'll bet the greys were surprised with this big ole pony came trotting up over the bridge! :hehe

Guest LUVMYBABIES

I'm so sorry for your friends loss. It sounds like she made the most of every moment (although too few). May she treasure her memories of Pickles forever.

:f_red

I am so sorry for the loss of this beautiful baby. I can only imagine how beautiful and majestic he is with his wings of gold. :grouphug My deepest sympathy. :f_redf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest VelvetEars

He was a beautiful horse, and I can only imagine the huge hole he has left in her heart.

It doesn't matter what the animal is, it deserves to be remembered and mourned.

Just a yearling...so sad....he never had a chance to really grow up. I was a horse person long before I became a greyhound person so it is very strange when a baby goes bad like that. Seeing that his momma was a vet, the obvious things are ruled out. It must have been something really obscure. It doesn't matter....horse, dog, cat, fish, hamster.....we're never ready to see them go. Please let Brenda know I'm thinking about her.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Please extend my sympathies to Brenda. Pickle was stunning. :candle

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)