I Have A Heavy Heart Today

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

My precious Skittle, my beloved fruitbat, my goofy klutzy master of the kung fu moves, I miss you so much! :cry1

I can't believe it's been 6 months since you left us. When I lost Lori Ann in December of last year, it never even crossed my mind that my youngest dog would be joining her next over the bridge.

Now that I think about it, that was so appropriate because my saucy sassy grand old dame took you under her wing and taught you many things. What an odd combination you two were!

twobigdogs.jpg

You taught me infinite patience and love that crossed boundaries I never knew possible :beatheart

You taught me that love can move mountains, that a spook can be truly happy.

biscuitball3.jpg

You were my diamond in the rough. I saw past the rugged edges, the jewel inside. I have never regretted a single day that I was blessed to have you.

It's because of you, what I learned from you, watching you blossom into a beautiful flower, that I brought Randy home 2 years ago.

I still sob uncontrollably when I think of the day that GTers Patsy and her daughter came to visit and finally got to meet the famous fruitbat :cry1 :cry1 I was SO proud of you because you were no longer the terrified dog who would run under the computer desk and urinate when strangers came to visit.

I picked out your double strand of pink pearls to wear for your special guests, and you were the hit of the show.

proud.jpg

I still haven't reached that point where I can smile more than cry, but I hope to get there some day.

You were truly one of a kind. I miss you so much :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

{{{{{{{{{{DeVon}}}}}}}}}}

There's never been a girl who did so much for pink. Bet you anything, up over the Bridge she is showing all the other shy girls how best to wear lipstick.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sure she's smilin' down at you today. :bighug:beatheart:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:bighug Devon :bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest LadyChester

She was sure a special gal and clearly well loved. I always enjoyed reading your posts about her :grouphug

Edited by LadyChester

:bighug:bighug:bighug ...yesterday when DH was drving his bus he saw a beautiful double rainbow....I think our angels were partying up a storm yesterday :colgate

double_rainbow.jpg

Edited by scullysmum

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest TriciasZoo

What a lovely tribute Devon. Skittles truly was special and oh so beautiful. I hope Peatie's gotten to meet her by now. She was always one of my favorite non-greys. :bighug:hope

Skittle was a true beauty, even when she was covered in 20 pounds of mud.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon