Help! Peatie Is Giving Up.

Guest orchidman

Guest TriciasZoo
I'm sorry, Trish. I know this is scary, but Peatie and the girls need you to be strong so they don't get scared. You can do this!

I'm not strong like you, Cathie. I wish I Was. :weep

Has he been started on any drugs? I know you were thinking of pred, or maybe something else, but don't know if you've started yet? If so, he may be reacting to the drugs, rather than the lymphoma.

Hang on in there, Peatie :hope

We were/are planning on oral chemo and pred, but haven't started yet. His labs were just drawn yesterday.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TriciasZoo

I keep looking at him, to make sure he's breathing. He's moved over to a dog bed now, and I've given him his healing blanket from CoG. I've spent some time lying on the floor with him, which..of course with me..has really messed up my back and neck, so I just got up and took some pain meds for myself.

Edited by TriciasZoo

Guest GiJenn51

Trish the one thing I told Jennifer--- Only you can know what your dog wants. You just know. It comes sooner than most think unfortunately, but you know. And it's always hard. I think that there is a point where if you put your self in your dog's "shoes" things have to be done.... Whether its now or in the future, you have to think with your brain on that one. Not your heart so much.

Hugs and kisses to you.

Guest wmlcml6
I'm sorry, Trish. I know this is scary, but Peatie and the girls need you to be strong so they don't get scared. You can do this!

Has he been started on any drugs? I know you were thinking of pred, or maybe something else, but don't know if you've started yet? If so, he may be reacting to the drugs, rather than the lymphoma.

We were/are planning on oral chemo and pred, but haven't started yet. His labs were just drawn yesterday.

I'm not as strong as you think I am. But I do what I have to do and you will, too. :-) Hugs.

Guest TriciasZoo

I'm not as strong as you think I am. But I do what I have to do and you will, too. :-) Hugs.

Love ya, Cathie. Thanks.

Thank doG for five ferrets and three loving hounds.

See, I knew you'd find some positives in your life. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest TriciasZoo
Thank doG for five ferrets and three loving hounds.

See, I knew you'd find some positives in your life. :grouphug

Bebe and Flippy just went out, and Peatie didn't even lift his head. :( I have all the girl ferrets out right now. I'll let Adrian play with his new boy, Merlin later. Right now I'm waiting for the happy pills (er..I mean the Dilaudid) to kick in and take some of this physical pain from sleeping on the hard floor away.

I think my involvement in ferrets came at just the right time. I fully believe it was meant to be. It's VERY hard not to laugh, or at least let a little smile out, when there are four young girls just playing and jumping and romping like silly ferrets do. If you've never spent time around them, I know it's hard to imagine, but if you've had fuzzies in your life, you'll understand this.

Some people think it's sort of weird that I'd have greyhounds and small fuzzy critters. But honestly the greys I have couldn't care less. Now I know I couldn't have a high prey grey, but for me, and my life, this is MY perfect combination, plus the extra critters in the zoo.

Edited by TriciasZoo

Guest TriciasZoo

Thank you everyone for caring, and especially Janet for rushing to the phone for me. I love ya all. I know I may not show it, but I have such a deep appreciation for this board right now, I'm choked up. I know I may avoid H&M and Rememberence, out of fear, but never again. Now I know I need to be there for those people that are here for me right now. Thank you EVERYONE.

This must be so unebearable. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Don't know what advice to offer, going through something similar right now and equally confused.

I do suspect they have good days and bad days during the course of an illness, and maybe Peatie's having a rough day and just needs to rest. I can see how it would be hard to tell the difference between him having a bad day and him being ready to throw in the towel. Maybe he will "tell" you when he's ready to leave.

Good luck and hugs to you. :bighug

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest TriciasZoo

Thank you Kristen. Hugs to you. I'm sorry for anyone else going through similar circumstances, and so appreciative of any support.

Guest Mommydog

Sorry no advice Trish because I've never dealt with anything like that. But I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and Peatie :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Trish,

You get good drugs for you and Peatie. The both of you are on this journey together. Make sure you concentrate on what Peatie is telling you, and then do what he wants right at that time, and not when you're ready.

I have done this three times in the span of three years, and twice it was cancer.

You need to do what needs to be done. Peatie and the girls are counting on you.

Sending hugs,

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Guest TriciasZoo

Thanks Diane. He did just get up and come to the kitchen for a treat. I noticed how slowly he went back to his bed, and how hard it seemed for him to lie down. I don't know if it's because it was painful, or ?

I'm anxious to get him started on the meds, and will call Dr. B and see how fast we can get him started. The bloodwork was done yesterday. *sigh* I'm just hoping, as Diane said, that the Pred helps him by shrinking the nodes some, and maybe making him feel a little better overall. :hope:candle

Guest VelvetEars

I'm just now seeing this, and I can only imagine how scary today has been for you. Have you talked to an animal communicator today, to see if he can tell you a little more about how he's feeling and what you can do for him?

If you need to talk, please call. I don't have answers, but I can listen.

Guest TriciasZoo

Thanks Meredith. I haven't gotten an email back from Cindy yet, so she must not be around this weekend. She's usually quick to reply. I will tell her it's an emergency as soon as I hear from her, so I'm not waiting to long. She's good about emergencies too.

Hugs again to you, and everyone.

I wanted to share some pics of Peatie with you. These are both taken, obviously, since his diagnosis. Please excuse the mess and laundry in the first one.

103007.jpg

Nurse Flippy.

110407.jpg

Tonight.

Oh dear. I just read this. As frightening as it seems, just keep in mind that his body is going through a lot and he has to have time to be tired and quiet. He needs this time to let his body do what we want it to do. At this point, it sounds like he's just really, really pooped. He won't give up as long as you don't; not now.

Just talk to him, praise him, give him your strength. Don't let him feel your fear - that's vital. Or else he will be confused - how should he feel? Hang in there - it's tough, it is really tough. But he needs you to be strong now.

Remembering the games we used to play: Games We Used to Play: A Hop, Skip and Jump Down Memory Lane

Oscar (Answer to Chevy): 8/23/02-8/13/07 & Dee (Cee Bar Denise): 12/23/98-8/28/08.

Order your own copy of Oscar's Diaries: Life as a Retired Greyhound