Help! Peatie Is Giving Up.

Guest orchidman

Guest TriciasZoo

Guys, I think Peatie has given up....

I don't know what to do. I don't want his last day to be at an E-Vet, but I don't want him to suffer. Someone, please give me some advice. I'm in tears here, and don't know what to do.

Trish

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check you PM

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

What's going on? What's he doing?

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm here Trish. Don't know what to tell you. :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I talked to Trish and she is concerned because Peatie just flopped over outside. She got him to come in with some coaxing and he didn't even look for a dog bed, just flopped on the floor.

His heart rate is good, his breathing slow and steady and his gums are pink and recover quickly when she pressed on them. I did suggest she take his temp.

I don't think he is in any danger, I expect he is feeling crappy. He has been doing really well until now, and not showing any signs of being ill.

Trish does have a call in to the vet and I suggested she take him in if he is the same tomorrow to get him evaluated. Other than that I imagine that this is the real sign that he is a very sick boy.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Hopefully he's just having an off day and will be much improved tomorrow :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Foxysmom, thanks for relaying to us this information on Peatie. Nothing strikes a greater fear in us than hearing, "greyhound down".

:hope:candle

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest wmlcml6

I'm sorry, Trish. I know this is scary, but Peatie and the girls need you to be strong so they don't get scared. You can do this!

Guest longdogs

I don't think they give up. He has no concept of what is happening to him, he is just responding to how he he feels. I know it's hard because we do make our own interpretations against our knowledge and assumptions. Try to go with the flow. If he just wants to lie there, well maybe that's what helps him most right now.

Guest snowberry

Has he been started on any drugs? I know you were thinking of pred, or maybe something else, but don't know if you've started yet? If so, he may be reacting to the drugs, rather than the lymphoma.

Hang on in there, Peatie :hope

Guest trevdog

Sending lots of prayers, hang in there! I think he's just not feeling well or having a bad day. They really don't have a concept of how sick they are. If he's breathing ok and has pink gums and you could get him inside by coaxing he's alright, just let him rest a bit.

Guest WarmheartedPups

This must be so terribly difficult for you....hang in there....you will find the strength to get through this....keep talking to people......keep talking.

My thoughts and prayers are with you

Guest argolola

Sending prayers for you and Peatie. We are here for you. There is some great advice on this thread. I know it's hard to be strong, but he is looking to you right now.

Hang in there! My 14 yr old chow mix did that to me on a Friday night last month. I slept on the floor with her most of the night to make sure she was breathing. I explained to her that we would be going to our regular vet in the morning so she wouldn't hurt anymore. She was much better by morning but then I worried about having to take her to the Evet later in the weekend. My friends and my kids kept telling me that maybe it's time. She is still here! She was just telling me that she couldn't do anymore that day. Hope your baby is just having a bad day. I understand how terrified you feel. Hugs!