Porsche

Guest VelvetEars

Guest VelvetEars

My 10 year old surprised me with this poem about Porsche tonight. He said he wanted to post it on GT, and I thought it deserved its own thread. I've cleaned up his spelling, but other than that, here is his poem:

"Porsche"

Porsche is great!

She's very sweet.

We all love her a lot.

Even when it's hot.

Most of all she's very tall.

She's very very sweet.

I wish you didn't die,

because everyone cried.

At least you're in a better place.

In dedication to my dog Porsche.

I have such a wonderful kid.

Edited by VelvetEars

He did such a good job. I think it needs to be framed, with his misspellings and all.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest VelvetEars

He wants it typed up with a picture of her added to it. I'll probably look for a two-part frame, so I can put the poem on one side and her picture on the other, and hang it up on the wall.

What a wonderful poem. I know he loved her very much!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

keep that for him forever. what a gentle soul. It is hard when they lose their buddy. hugs to you all.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

Guest fountainpengwen

What an awesome kid! That is a beautiful poem to cherish always.

When my mom's horse died unexpectedly, my little brother wrote her a poem totally out of the blue. She has it framed with a picture of Pirate.

Dear Mason: That's a very nice poem you wrote. We all feel sorry about Porsche but she is at the Rainbow Bridge along with hundreds of other hounds. She's not sick anymore and gets to eat whatever she likes and plays all day long. In fact she gets to take a nap whenever she wants. I know Porsche wants you to do well in school and you can do "Show & Tell" using all the pictures your mom and dad have saved. Porsche also wants you to have a good time at Haloween. She has already been invited to the biggest Haloween Party ever. Your friend, Sam

Mason, I think it would be nice to frame your poem in your original writing. If you would rather have it typed, maybe the original could be tucked into the frame behind the typed one. It's a beautiful remembrance of your girl, who was so beautiful herself. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Mason, I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to your Porsche. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest loveagrey

Mason -

What a wonderful poem you've written for Porsche! She would be very proud of you and happy that you loved her enough to write it!

Keep up the good work! Maybe you can draw a nice picture of her and then have it framed with the poem. Just an idea!

Guest VelvetEars

I have printed out most of your responses for him. He's amazed by the responses you've left. But what he can't get over is his mama's nickname (VelvetEars). I may never hear the end of this!!!

I'm going frame shopping this afternoon.

Guest VelvetEars

I found a silver frame that had one large opening (approx 4x6) and two smaller openings (approx 4x3). We printed the poem with a pink background for the large opening, and sized two pictures of her for the smaller openings (her collars had pink in them, and she loved to snuggle on pink floral comforters, so they work well with the pink background of the poem). He has chosen to just have it sitting on his desk right now. It turned out so well I might just get another frame and do one for my office at work.

That was such a lovely poem Mason. It's evident how much Porsche meant to you. :weep

Watch over your family pretty girl until you meet again. :hope

:bighug

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge