Foxy Promise

Guest brandi007

I check NCGL's website regularly (both of my hounds are NCGL babies) and I was so happy when I saw that he had finally been placed in his forever home. I just checked the site a few minutes ago (I'm watching Dallas Is A Gem), and was shocked to see this sad news! Thank you for giving him a safe, loving home! :grouphug

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No matter how long they stay, they never stay long enough.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Brandi,

I'm so sorry to hear about Foxy. I never put two and two together, that you were the one that had adopted Foxy, I just thought it was fabulous that he had finally found his place. I'm so sorry to hear that he didn't have much time with you. I only met you the once, when we did that haul together last year, but you seemed like a pretty great person, and I'm glad that he had the chance to know the love of someone who truly loved him.

Guest PhillyPups

I am so sorry your time with him was cut short, but he went knowing you totally loved him and he had a home, all beings should have that gift you gave to him.

I know your pain and send you a :bighug

Guest ziggyzoe

I am crying as I am reading this..... What a sweet boy and he was SOO lucky to have lived the best year of his life with you and Sophie. Run free :gh_run

Thank-you for sharing Foxy's story, though it brought tears to my eyes. How you loved each other! It seems so unfair that he was young, and you didn't have more time together. And the loss is doubly hard because it was so sudden. But just imagine if he hadn't found you---you filled his life with love and comfort and security.

"If we measure lives not in time, but in grace, in the joy with which they are lived, and in the love they leave behind, then we have much to learn from our Greyhounds."

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest brandi007

My God, thank you so much for everything - this community has really been a huge help for me during this time. My mom came and read the board and she was just floored by the people here. I'm so happy because everyone here understands that these aren't just pets, they're family and my little family is broken right now. Tomorrow will be one week since he passed and it's been really hard. The waves of grief are becoming a little more spaced out as the days go by, when they hit they hurt, but it's getting to the point where I can smile about Foxy and all his goofy ways. It's so nice to get to this point - I miss him so much but he brought me so much joy and I really missed that joy this week - the smiling brings a shadow of that back. I so look forward to the days when I can laugh about the black eye he gave me or how he'd pee all over his feet, time will help with that but I will always miss him, which is awesome because you should miss someone like Foxy who was such a light in my life.

I'm just shocked at how awesome everyone has been. My work gave my Tuesday off after my car plates got stolen and it just kinda broke me again, they bought me a beautiful frame to put a handsome picture of Foxy in. My sister had a beautiful picture of him blown up for me, my mom is going to ask my aunt to draw him for me to go beside the beautiful painting that Xan did of Sophie. My favorite thing I've gotten though has to be the Memory Box from Amy. It's so special ,and where it was hard to put the absolutely beautiful halloween collar that Andrea made for him that he only wore a week and he passed in, the cards, his papers, his graduation from loose leashes, the awesome drawing my niece did for me of him - it was so nice to have somewhere to keep these things that I can just hold. The hardest thing I think was putting these things away and just hugging the box. Going from rubbing his belly and petting his head to hugging a box was a real eye opener for me but I need that box. Thanks so much Amy.

Sophie's having a harder time with it than I thought she would. She's kinda of moping around and won't sit with anyone, she's also gone back to being skittish on our walks. It's amazing what an impact he had on everyone in the short time he was here. I'm thinking I'm going to try to get a new family member sooner than later. This makes me feel really guilty as I haven't even gone to pick up his ashes, but I think me and Sophie really need it. I can never replace Foxy nor fill the hole in my hear that Foxy left but I do think I need a new little warm spot beside it. It's hard to lose Foxy and not have my Sophie at the same time - I haven't even gotten him back and I'm all ready thinking I need a new dog and this is just killing me.

As for the ashes I think I'm going to burry him here in my back yard. This was his forever home and he loved hit here.

I'm going to share some of my good memories of Foxy with everyone. I was going through my pictures and these ones made me smile.

Foxy and Sophie Cuddling

Picture086.jpg

Foxy and Sophie being beautiful

Picture123.jpg

Foxy running, boy was he fast

Picture0942.jpg

More cuddling

Picture1027.jpg

Foxy Roach

Picture984.jpg

Being Beautiful

Picture114.jpg

Awesome Shot Amy took

foxy.jpg

My roommate holding him so I could get a picture, he wanted to be so close all the time

Picture039-1.jpg

Happy Guy

Picture1090.jpg

His laying down roo

Picture1025.jpg

The last picture I took of him - he was stealing apples from the back yard

Picture1107.jpg

I am sorry Foxy had to leave. I know personally how difficult the loss is when you are their person, they are devoted to you, and they have to leave early. I still grieve myself and it has been over two years.

All I can say is that Foxy will be in your heart forever.

Sending hugs,

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Guest LolasMom

Thank you so very much for sharing your beautiful boy with me (us). My tears wash over the smile on my face having a chance to know and love him.

Run free Foxy :f_red

I am sorry that you lost Foxy. It was obvious from your tribute how much you loved him. In his first picture, you can see how much he loved you as well.

ETA: I just saw your post above. Foxy and Sophie were precious together. Don't feel guilty about wanting another dog. Foxy would want you and Sophie to be happy.

Edited by Saharasmom

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

Thank you for sharing the beautiful love story of you and Foxy Promise. I'm so very sorry for your heartbreaking loss. May the love you and Foxy shared continue to warm your heart and your life.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

What a handsome boy, and so young. I am so sorry..... f_yellow

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

My heartfelt sympathy. The bridge has been a busy place since I have been on here. May your wonderful memories help you get through the pain. Godspeed sweet angel, send mommy a sign from Somewhere Over The Rainbow.

Guest Winterwish

:( I'm so very sorry :grouphug Foxy and Sophie cuddling is just so,so beautiful. Thinking of you and Sophie and sending hugs to each of you. :grouphug

Run free among the apple orchards just beyond The Bridge

sweet Foxy ~ :angelwings:f_white:f_pink:f_white:candle

Edited by Winterwish

Guest LinandSahara

:brokenheart Foxy was a very special boy. He spent those 18 months waiting for you in my home. I feel your sorrow and heartache. It was a very sad day for me and Sahara (foster sister) to return him to Amy this past May. His smiles and butterfly kisses are deeply missed. May he live on forever in our hearts and memories.

Lin and Sahara :weep