Freddie

greyhoundlov

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary...I'm so very sorry for your loss...I just saw this as I didn't enter GT much in the last time...I'm so shocked

to read about Freddy's passing...

:f_white:bighug

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

• 2 years later...

My boy would have been 17 years old today.

We never really knew his "real" birthdate - he was a stray with no tats who was found November 28 so we made that his birthday. The vet said he was about 2 years old.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

:bighug

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Happy Birthday over the bridge, sweet boy. Hugs to your mom and dad.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Mary, Freddie has always been my favorite Greytalk dog. He still is.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Your story about talking to Freddie to help him get over his fears, and his response to you literally changed my life. I took that story to heart, and when Festus was confused, and sad, and stuck in his crate for weeks after he first came home, I thought of you and Freddie, and I talked to Festus. Like Freddie, he understood me when I said he was home forever and never would be scared or without a family. He was my best friend til the day he died.

When I brought home Gypsy for good (she's lying here on the couch with me), she was scared to death. Skittish and terrified of every sound and movement. I thought of Freddie and I talked to her. Told her how happy I was that she was finally home, and that we would be her family forever. She sleeps with me, follows me around, and trusts me implicitly. (Today I cut her hair with the clippers. She LET me. We all thought it would send her completely round the pipe.)

Freddie made a difference. He changed the world for some scared dogs. I always think of Freddie when I encounter people who have scared or skittish dogs. I tell them his story, and say, "Talk to your dog. Tell him how much you love him, and that you will always be there for him." And they either do, or they don't. I don't usually know, as it's a personal thing to have that conversation with your dog. But I like to think that he continues to change lives. And save lives.

Edited for spelling

Edited by Forevermybabies

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Your story about talking to Freddie to help him get over his fears, and his response to you literally changed my life. I took that story to heart, and when Festus was confused, and sad, and stuck in his crate for weeks after he first came home, I thought of you and Freddie, and I talked to Festus. Like Freddie, he understood me when I said he was home forever and never would be scared or without a family. He was my best friend til the day he died.

When I brought home Gypsy for good (she's lying here on the couch with me), she was scared to death. Skittish and terrified of every sound and movement. I thought of Freddie and I talked to her. Told her how happy I was that she was finally home, and that we would be her family forever. She sleeps with me, follows me around, and trusts me implicitly. (Today I cut her hair with the clippers. She LET me. We all thought it would send her completely round the pipe.)

Freddie made a difference. He changed the world for some scared dogs. I always think of Freddie when I encounter people who have scared or skittish dogs. I tell them his story, and say, "Talk to your dog. Tell him how much you love him, and that you will always be there for him." And they either do, or they don't. I don't usually know, as it's a personal thing to have that conversation with your dog. But I like to think that he continues to change lives. And save lives.

Edited for spelling

Thank you for sharing that. I never knew.

Lump in my throat.

mn

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE