Odd Ear Vibration

greytluck

Hobbes went to a new dog park today. I get off work really early (I start at a ridiculous hour though) so I figured there wouldn't be to many other dogs, and there weren't. Just a great dane, pug and a husky, All the dogs seemed to get on good, Hobbes even ignored the pug how was running around like a crazy fool. Hobbes was wandering around, did zoomies by himself for a bit, marked everything in his path. It looked like he was having a good time, but when he came up to me after a few minutes I rubbed his ears and I felt this weird vibration. It was in both ears. I checked to see if there was a bug in there but nothing. He took off again and when he returned to me same thing. It was constant and felt very strong. I kinda freaked out and left the park. As soon as we were in the car it went away. It's been several hours and has not returned.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? Could this been caused by nervousness, excitement, or could this be something else?

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

I've never felt it either. But I'm betting excitement. Sorta like teeth chattering.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

That's what I was thinking also, happy chattering. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I thought Gracie had never chattered and was envious in a way of those whose dogs did. Day before yesterday I was loving on her and had my head on hers ... I felt a vibration and couldn't figure it out. I was finally able to see/hear that she was chattering. It's not a big chatter like a human out in the cold shivering & freezing, it's a really small fine sound that I couldn't really hear but could feel.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

Yup, he was excited :)

You probably couldn't tell, but he must have been so excited he was ultrasonically chattering his teeth! :lol

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.