Charlie

PatricksMom

Charlie, you passed on yesterday, with mommy holding you and daddy petting you. I'm sorry you were sick, but at least you were able to go be with your brothers in peace and you're not in pain anymore.

I remember picking you and your brother Arnold up at the guinea pig rescue--you two were so delighted to discover hay, and we had so much fun watching you explore, popcorn, and discover all kinds of new foods. When Jakie came to us, sick, angry, and then stayed healthy and a pest, you were nice to him, and when he got cancer you seemed to understand he was ill and took extra care of him, shared food, snuggled him. When your brother Arnold passed on, you were cuddled up with him--you always seemed like a nurse pig. You were the nicest guinea pig I've ever had, which is saying a lot given how nice guinea pigs were. You stayed friends with Gretta, even though she's grouchy, and you came to trust Sammy, even though she moves fast and could be scary.

Bye bye baby, Godspeed. I'm sure Jakie is throwing you a party, and I hope you're enjoying seeing your brother Arnold again.

love,

mommy.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I'm sorry, Beth. He was a special fellow, and it sounds like you'll miss him terribly.

Godspeed, Charlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sorry, Beth. :(

I knew Charlie was sick because Aaron was sitting next to me on the train when he got your call on Wed. morning.

But Aaron was hoping it would be resolved by the pain medication-- and that Charlie could go back to his normal guinea-pig self.

Happy trails, little guy, and hugs to the rest of you.

Janet, Faster, and Lucky are available all weekend if you all or Patrick need some extra dog-attention (or want us to take Patrick for a walk).

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

Guest jettcricket

I've have had piggies in the past and they are the sweetest little creatures. I'm sooo sorry in the loss of your sweet Charlie. I'm sure he's up in the heavens hanging out with my Layla and Jasmine. :grouphug:f_red

Edited by jettcricket