Introducing Hobbes And Me

Back when I was 13 years old, I saw my first greyhound. It was love at first site :rolleyes: My parents really weren't into the idea of getting one, so I waited. Then I met my husband who never owned a dog and vowed never to, so again I waited. After almost 15 years of waiting and many many compromises with my DH, I am proud to say I am owned by one of these magnificent dogs.

Hobbes came into our home 6 weeks ago today. He has been everything a thought a greyhound would be. He is such a sensitive soul but can be a complete goof when he is a home. We almost didn't get him because he was much older then what we thought we wanted, but it's true when they say the dog picks you. Now I can't imagine not having him, he has even totally changed my DH mind about dogs. Hobbes has him wrapped around his little paw :P He even has been such a good greyhound ambassador my parents a thinking of adopting one.

So here's our little man...

Hobbes first car ride with us

DSC00163.jpg

He loves our bed and his stuffies

DSC00369.jpg

HobbesmeetsLucky056.jpg

I also wanted to say thank for all the info on this site. I was lurking for a long time before I got him. You GTers are greyt.

Edited by greytluck

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

pictures, please! :D

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest argolola

Greetings from Florida and congratulations on your new arrival. Hobbes is adorable! I love the picture of him on the bed with the stuffy.

Greys are just wonderful. Now you know that first hand.

Hobbes waited a long time too. I'm so glad you finally found each other, and that it's all working out so beautifully. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Aaawww, my parents have a Hobbes too. He's a westie though, AKA bait (if you are a greyhound)! :lol Hobbes looks very happy, and they absolutely do pick you. You are both so lucky!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

:wave Welcome and congratulations! :confetti

What a handsome brindled boy!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I "think" we met you and Hobbes today at Norwood? If that was your Hobbes...he is gorgeous. My girls were smitten. ;)

Welcome!

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Guest bowiebears

Welcome to you all from the MD 'burbs of Washington DC!

Hobbes is a gorgeous boy!

Congrats to all.

--Isaac

Edited by bowiebears

I "think" we met you and Hobbes today at Norwood? If that was your Hobbes...he is gorgeous. My girls were smitten. ;)

Welcome!

That was us. It was nice to meet you and your pups as well. Hobbes has such a good time there, he just loves all the ladies :P

Hobbes-Ricard Hatch09/23/99-12/21/09 Always loved, never forgotten. Wally TNJ Boy Howdy, GLS Genuinerisk Corinna

Oh hon, your story is so touching!

How strange that Hobbes waited for you for over a year!! Yes, over a year he waited patiently! Tears of joy here. :grouphug

BTW, I'm the same Jiffer on the GRA forum ;)

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.