Bandit, The Police Dog

MilliesMom

Bandit was a 5-year-old Chandler, AZ police dog who died 8/11 when his handler, who was the head of the K-9 unit, forgot him in his patrol car parked at his house for 12 hours in over 100-degree temperatures. The handler was placed on administrative leave pending investigations by the police and sheriff's departments, and last night, citizens and their dogs held a memorial service in his honor.

Here's Bandit's memorial book with his pix.

http://www.legacy.com/azcentral/GB/Guestbo...rsonId=92804540

Guest hamiesmom

I understand that accidents do happen, but my god, he was the head of the K-9 unit, he should have known better. This handler should never be able to have another police dog, again.

Bandit, rest in peace.

Guest nerak254

I agree about him knowing better and I'm glad there's an investigation. There are soemtimes that I think people should walk the plank and this is one. :angryfire

How horrible.

Rest in peace, brave doggie.

:f_white

I'm not sure how I feel about what should happen with the handler.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

How very sad. A similar accident happened on our K-9 force. The difference is the police dog was left in the car with the air-conditioning on and sometime before the handler came back to the car the air conditioning broke down. It was truly devistating for everyone.

Run Free Sweet Bandit :gh_run

Run free Sweetheart...I am so sorry this happened. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Che_mar_Cody
I understand that accidents do happen, but my god, he was the head of the K-9 unit, he should have known better. This handler should never be able to have another police dog, again.

Bandit, rest in peace.

I agree - but how can you forget about your partner. Yes I speak from experience. My k-9 was ran over and had to be put down...I quite the force due to it. I can't even dream how you just forget, especially in this situation. This is just breaking my heart and tearing me apart. My God it's your partner

My heart goes out to you Bandit and play with Scooby for me :weep:weep:weep:weep:weep:weep

Edited by Che_mar_Cody

Guest Snowy8

Lets keep the negative comments out of Remembrance & think about how the handler feels about this accident & the death of his partner....

My sister n law works for the Memphis K9 unit & her own partner was shot in the line of duty. It's very devastating.

Where Bandit is now, there is nothing but fun things to do.

Edited by Snowy8

Guest ellieb

Bandit, rest in peace.

I agree!