July's Losses

macoduck

When Oliver died in the beginning of July, I began to notice so many others who had also lost their greys this month.

I would like to think this list is not so much 'misery loves company', but a celebration of the life was shared with us.

Here's to honoring the greyhounds who left us this July and the greys before them already waiting the Rainbow Bridge.

If I have omitted one of your beloved greys, please add to the list.

Bullett

Oliver

Duncan

Cosmo

Clarence

Duchess

Zippy

Breaker

Yuri

Oshkosh Ed

Bazooka

Cannoball

Razor

Natasha

Frazzle

Joanie

Simon

Kavana

Link

Cin Cin

Mikey

Sonny

:brokenheart:gh_run

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Wow that is a long list. :( Rest in peace babies. f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest greytfulhounds

Thank you for remembering our Joanie on that list. We miss her so very much.........I don't know if my heart can ever recover. :brokenheart

My prayers and heart go out to all of those that have babies waiting at the Bridge. :candle

A good friend sent us this beautiful poem in an e-mail.

LAST NIGHT .. Author Unknown

Last night you were crying, sad thoughts made you weep.

So I slept by your bed until you drifted off to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,

"I'm sorry that I had to go, when you need me I'll be here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea.

You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.

I stood next to you at the front door when you fumbled for your key.

I gently put my paw on you, hoping you would know it's me.

When you came home you looked so tired, and sank into your chair.

I tried so hard to let you know that I was standing there.

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew .. in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

It's possible for me to be near you everyday.

I live on in your memories, a happy thought away.

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,

I'll run across to greet you, and once again stand by your side.

I have so many things to show you, there is much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

:f_red:gh_lay:f_red

Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you.

St. Francis de Salles

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest BlackandBrindle

My heart hurts with each name I read, but I know the wonderful amounts of love they felt in their lives, and am comforted. My sympathies to all who have lost their pups...

Guest vahoundlover

Knowing these pups are loved so much and the love they gave in return is something we can all celebrate. Love, Life and Beautiful Memories, Farewell Sweet

Babies, until we meet again.

:f_pink:f_redf_yellow

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

It hurts to read the names of those wonderful pups.....my heartfelt sympathies to their families and may their beautiful grey spirits run fast and furious at the Rainbow Bridge..... :wub::wub::f_red:f_red:f_red:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2

Guest KyGrey

Thinking of the hounds that have gone on to the bridge and the joy that they brought their families before they had to leave. I know it's hard but keep thinking of what they brought into your life and the time you had with them no matter how short. Each and everyone one of you are in my thoughts and prayers as you try to move on with your lives.

Guest 4baddogs

Wow, I didn't realize how many of our babies left us in July. :cry1 My youngest, Nate, died on July 11. He would have been 4 this month - August 31.

A friend sent me a card that had this saying in it that I'd like to share - Sometimes when I'm having one of my breakdowns, this helps me get through it:

"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love ...they depart to teach us about loss.

A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart.

If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big." Erica Jong

My heart is with each and every one of you who had the same awful month that I did.

I didn't lose a hound, but the loss of my kitty, Cleo, in July... It was a hard month for us all.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.