Assistance Needed Edited:not Better This A>m>

Guest WarmheartedPups

Guest WarmheartedPups

My dog roo has a blood blister looking growth on her upper tummy lower chest. ...kind of by her elbow. It is the size of

a small pea. Well it burst open about 90 minutes ago and the darn thing wont stop bleeding....I have to dab it about every thirty seconds or a pretty good size drop of blood would drip off her.

If I keep pressure on it ....its ok....but the minute I take pressure off...it keeps on bleeding.

I have a styptic (sp) pencil that did nothing.

She is lying on her side with the blister looking thing facing up ....so I put a gauze pad on it with some paper tape....its ok with her not moving...but I know when she gets up its going to start up.

I dont want to go to the E Vet for THIS!!!....and its 89 degrees at 9pm with tropical humidity. Grr.

Also, if I have to go to the Vet, I am not sure how I would keep this thing covered so she doesn't bleed all over my car.

I am afraid the tape will tear her skin......I am soooo out of my element....any ADVICE?

Edited by WarmheartedPups

when I qwicked (?sp) on of the pups and couldnt get it to stop someone suggested a wet tea bag. It worked! Just a thought. Good luck and let us know....

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

If she's just bleeding a drop or two a minute, she likely won't bleed to death overnight. If you have a good bit of vetwrap (easiest), you might be able to bandage around her ribs so as to hold a small pressure pad on. You want to keep gentle pressure on it for 10-20 minutes at least. Keep in mind it may break open again when she gets up and moves around.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest wmlcml6

I agree with what Batmom said. So does Bill. :-) .. And Jenn, too. ;-)

P.S. Jenn is Iron Ruler's #1 fan.

Edited by wmlcml6

Try to keep the grey still to slow the bleeding. and I second the pressure with a gauze pad or damp tea bag manually. The damp tea bag does work in coagulating blood, but you will need to add pressure on the tea bag also. Then vet wrap. If you don't have vet wrap, then an elastic bandage. If this is where I think it is, it is actually quite a hard place to have any bandage stay put. The "bra" wrap slips backwards towards the skinnier waist, so if you can wind around a shoulder a couple of times in a figure eight it helps..

Gillian, Catwalk and Pilgrim

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Guest WarmheartedPups

Thanks you guys. I know the bleeding isn't serious to Roos health....just a darn nuisance....and there are blood drops all over.....

However.....flour seems to help and pressure......It had been bleeding for about two hours until the flour....so keep your fingers crossed....

Has anyones pup had one of these little blood filled....blisters...warts...whatever they are? I am hoping it will dry up and go away.

Flour is another thing that will stop bleeding. You know how it gets all gummy and thick when it gets wet? Take a little bit and pat it onto the bleeding spot until it forms kind of a crust. I wouldn't try this on a large wound, but on a little cut or quicked nail that won't stop bleeding flour is an easy fix.

Raven has one of those on her chest. It's about the size of a golf ball. They're called hematomas. Basically they're blood blisters. Every so often hers does break open and bleed quite a bit. The vet can remove a hematoma, but generally since they're not harmful in and of themselves, it's best to wait until they're under for something else (like a dental).

ETA: Duh. Wasn't paying attention. You already did the flour. Don't mind me. :rolleyes:

Edited by GreytNut

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Yep, Tanner has one also. Grows, breaks, bleeds, heals. Repeat....

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest WarmheartedPups

This darn thing has bled all night long...with no sign of stopping. I put flour on it and I hae some vet wrap for pressure.....doesnt matter....so I need to get to the Vets today...will be calling soon.

Poor Roo

:( Easiest way to keep your car clean is to cover the seats with an old comforter, well tucked in. If your vet has a laser, that seems the easiest way to get such things sealed off for good, but they generally have to anaesthetize to do that.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Jake has one too. Usually when his breaks open I put a band-aid on it. It never bleeds for long though. Good idea to have it checked out today though.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Ok, I guess I'm the first to say, call a vet.

Why?

One of the things the vet told me when I lost Brindle was that blood from hemangiosarcoma does not clot. And blood blister looking things can also be hemangio.

I don't want to scare you, but it should have stopped by now.

(just my opinion, but I guess I'm a little trigger shy)

Guest WarmheartedPups

Ok, I guess I'm the first to say, call a vet.

Why?

One of the things the vet told me when I lost Brindle was that blood from hemangiosarcoma does not clot. And blood blister looking things can also be hemangio.

I don't want to scare you, but it should have stopped by now.

(just my opinion, but I guess I'm a little trigger shy)

Oh O :unsure I have an appointment in one hour