Hello And Introduction

Guest Andyhound

Guest Andyhound

Hello all, thought I would write a few words of introduction. My name is Kathryn (42) and I'm married to Andrew. We live in Cardiff, the capital of Wales. We adopted Andy from Greyhound Rescue Wales back in March. He's a gorgeous hound - an ex racer, aged three, who's black and beautiful. We were matched to him, as he was very shy in kennels, but you wouldn't think that now. It's amazing how his character has emerged, and we really can't imagine life without him. In fact we are now looking at a second hound! We've made a few changes in our life since he came along - we changed the car from a Ford Fiesta (!!) to a big estate - Andy now much happier. In the house, we've learned the hard way to greyhound proof the kitchen - they can reach much further than you can imagine. He's taken over our bed and thunders up and down the stairs. He also has the smelliest wind imaginable - not the greyhound's finest point. We are very lucky here in Cardiff, as we have so many beautiful places near us to walk him. We are so pleased to have found this website and to know that there are lots of people out there who are as addicted as us.

Guest PhillyPups
:wave Hi and a BIG welcome from Philly, So happy to hear he is doing well and you are considering chipping (the term used, as they are like potato chips, you can't have just one).

:welcome Welcome to Greytalk! We do love pictures here. ;):D

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Welcome! Croeso!

I spent a semester in Wales at Trinity College in Carmarthen, and have always wanted to go back. I hope you enjoy Greytalk and am always happy to meet someone else who has fallen in love with greyhounds!

Meri & the Dorg
with Little Lee from Eetaly (Raider Retire), Freya FooFoo (Writers Block), Brodie (never raced), and "foster" JJ (Rossmore Judith). Missing Bravo, Chickie, Nico, Meri Carol, Lucky II, Ringo, Mylie, Bull, Geordie, Shae-Leigh, Stretch, Dustin, Cooper, Lucky, and Heidi.

Guest Andyhound

Hello all, and thank you so much for the lovely friendly welcome. Andy is sending you all a big helicopter wag of his tail. Am looking forward to posting some photos, when I've got the hang of it - I take loads. If you're really keen, my blog is at http://wastegoddess.blogspot.com where there are loads of pics of our gorgeous boy, thus enabling me to bore my friends and family even when I'm not with them. ;-)

Lovely to know that CapeGreys knows Carmarthen - my friend's daughter is currently a student there, and I know the town very well, as my best friend (and cherished donor of my hound mitt!) lives not far from there on a farm. Did you ever get as far as Llandeilo? We visited her on Monday and Andy had a ball, especially as she has a big fenced paddock, allowing us to let him play off lead. Speaking of which, a big hi also to OneOnly, just over in Bristol... We are thinking of taking Andy to the Grey Playdates which are held just south of Bristol at a riding school - we found the reference on the web, and it raises funds for Greyhound Rescue West of England, which is great. Pardon the pun. I can see that will become quite a bad habit, finding words with "grey" in them, and adapting. Hmmm.

Guest bowiebears

Welcome from Suburban Washington DC!

I myself have been to Cardiff, well before I was aware of greyhounds. I love Wales, and the Welsh.

My partner's cousin's son and his partner live in Cardiff, and we hope to visit them someday (as well as other UK relatives in Sussex & the midlands)...but no set timetable on those visits yet.

You will enjoy GreyTalk very much.

Again, welcome!

--Isaac

• 2 weeks later...

oooo...that second picture from the top of andy looking at the camera...classic stink-eye.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest BugsBunny

:welcome2 and Hello from the other side of the bridge in WSM North Somerset ( UK)... he's a handsome boy, can't wait to see more :digicam

and can't wait to see number 2...... Greyhounds should come with warnings " Caution we are addictive" :lol

If your ever in my area you might like to take a look at this, I know how hard it is to find places to run our hounds free here safely.

http://www.funhound.co.uk/

:gh_bow and big licks from Polly & Horse.