Tiger, One Year At The Bridge

Guest IndysDad

Guest IndysDad

It doesn't feel like it's been a year since you went to the Bridge; In my heart it seems to be only yesterday you came to live with us, bounced out of your home because your former people wanted a puppy, not a 10 year old gentleman..you were here with us only 13 months before you continued on with your journey.

You were quite the boy!! I remember when you arrived here, making friends with Indy and Zadie in record time...it seemed you had always been here and was just returning from a short trip, that's how well you fit in..

I remember the first time your Mom saw you after coming home from a business trip... and when it was bed time, you proudly trotted down the hall and climbed in to my side of the bed and fell sound asleep...on my side of the bed; I couldn't move you over so your Mom rolled you over still sound asleep..her comment,"I think he's a keeper". I think the best of the bed time adventures was one cold night last Winter when I woke up unable to breath, feeling like an elephant was sitting on my chest and I was unable to move;my first thought was "Oh no,a heart attack, if only I could reach the alarm to call 911"..turns out you were cold and decided to lay on me, full length with your head on my pillow!! A hound has to be comfortable doesn't he?

I'll never forget coming home this day last year and finding you next to my chair in the computer room; I thought you were just in a deep sleep, but you had started your journey to the Bridge..my heart exploded with pain, my heart dog had left us to go to the Bridge to wait for us...

You know, it's been a hard year without you, but the pain is getting to be a little less and we're thinking of fostering and or adopting another senior, thanks to you.

We miss you and hope you have made a lot of friends waiting for their people too..I know you have been busy welcoming other Greyhounds and Weimaraners to that special place.Keep up the good work and remember we love you and are so very proud of you,

Take care,

Mom and Dad

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/Ind...=1175792806.pbw

Guest bowiebears

What a moving tribute!

I am sure that he'll be waiting for you (and all of us) at the bridge so we can all romp and play together forever!

My Arlo, who left us on 22 Feb of this year, looks like he could have been his brother....I hope they've met and are zooming all over as they await our arrival.

--Isaac

Thank you for sharing Tiger with us. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

what a beautiful angel...I'm sure he'll help you pick the perfect hound when you're ready :grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

That was very beautiful. What a loved hound he was. :grouphug

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest PhillyPups

Oh what a moving tribute to one very special boy. I know once having a senior grace my journey, I will never be without one or two or three or four. :bighug to you.

Your tribute truly makes a person feel how much you love him.

Sweetest dreams, Tiger, till your mom and dad can see you again.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest how888

I remember that so well. My gosh, it seems like yesterday. May all of those beautiful memories comfort you now and forever. Linda

Wonderful tribute to an obviously much loved boy. :grouphug:

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest jurishound

What a lovely boy. We have also just adopted a senior boy, soon to be 12. Seniors are wonderful, as your Tiger clearly was. Hugs to you and your family in remembrance of him.