11 Days Until I Get My New Baby!

Guest jessicaksu125

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

Six days closer!!! Congratulations and Welcome!!!

Fasten your seat belt...you are in for the ride of your life!!! They are the most special and remarkable animals alive....okay I a a bit bias???? :P:blush

Guest jessicaksu125

So I won't be getting Internet in my new apartment until March 15. I move in Thursday, get the dog Saturday and how am I going to survive without Greytalk, especially when it comes to posting pictures?!?!

I'll find a wireless connection somewhere, I suppose! Curses against Time Warner and their waitlist... I'll plan ahead next time, call more than 4 days before I need the connection installed:)

Dumb question... what's a "chip"?

Guest Brandy_b
So I won't be getting Internet in my new apartment until March 15. I move in Thursday, get the dog Saturday and how am I going to survive without Greytalk, especially when it comes to posting pictures?!?!

I'll find a wireless connection somewhere, I suppose! Curses against Time Warner and their waitlist... I'll plan ahead next time, call more than 4 days before I need the connection installed:)

When you adopt a second pup :)

<3 Brandy & Caliloka

How excitingggggggg :couchjump It's really tickling me that you don't know if you're having a boy or a girl because its sounding more and more like waiting for a human baby to be born ^_^

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest jessicaksu125
How excitingggggggg :couchjump It's really tickling me that you don't know if you're having a boy or a girl because its sounding more and more like waiting for a human baby to be born ^_^

It really is! Saturday...!!!

Guest jessicaksu125

no, i don't use a landline since i have a cell, so cable is my only option! i should be able to find a place with wireless, though!

Guest cherieinohio

Congratulations! I remember being so excited to get our girls that I could hardly sleep. In Central Ohio we had to read a book called "Adopting the Racing Greyhound" before they would even talk to us about adopting one. We've had pretty much the same problems you do with any dog but they are so wonderful. They just seem to be so grateful that you saved them.

Enjoy!

Cherie in Ohio

Hi Jessica, I wanted to say WELCOME from a fellow "Mainer". We live down in the southern part of the state near the New Hampshire border. Life with greyhounds - it is just wonderful! Please keep us posted on how March 3rd goes because we'll all want to hear about every detail. Plus photos, of course!

Mary (Fiona3) :welcome

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Cossiedog

Hey Jessica,

Hope your move went well and you're well on your way to having your new palace sorted for your grey. I'm looking forward to Saturday now to find out which houndie you go for!

It's called a chip because just like Lays potato chips, you can't have just one! Pass the dip, these guys are addicting.... :colgate

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Another indispensable book for new greyhound owners is "Adopting the Retired Racing Greyhound" by Cynthia Branigan. You can find it at Amazon.com.

My greys would argue that the single most important item for a greyhound is a soft, fluffy, cushy bed. The bigger, softer and snugglier, the better. :P Argus had never been in a home before, but 10 minutes after he walked through the front door he discovered his bed. He settled into it with a big happy sigh and was out like a light.

Welcome to the wonderful world of greyhounds! :)

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Hi Jessica,

As GreyNut said a big fluffy bed is a must.

What I got for our 2 greys was a "papasan" chair cushion,

you can find them at home supply places like "Home Place"

or "Old Time Pottery".

They are thick and big so your hound can stretch out.

We cover ours with a sheet or some type of blanket so the

cover can be removed and washed if necessary.

The papasan cushion is also easy to move from room to room

so your hound can be comfortable near you in any room.

If the hound sleeps on it instead of in their crate, you might

want to get some kind of "blankie" to cover them up with.

My "Wafer", the little female, drags her blankie all over the house

so she will have it when she decides to lay down.

Can't wait for pics.

Good Luck. :colgate

Guest gralover

Hi Jessica,

Sorry I am just getting to respond-we are Mainers too! We live in Palermo-about 1/2 hour from Augusta. We have a new grey, Royal, we just adopted through MGPS. He just turned 2 in December, and is quite nervous still. He is slowly settling in but taking longer than I expected. We have had greyhounds for over 22 years, having 4 together for quite awhile, and 2 until the end of last year. It is absolutely wonderful to have a grey in our lives again! We welcome you to the wonderful world of greys!!! I wasn't sure what "chip" meant, but now that I know, it is definitely true-you can't have just one!!! Although for now, til Royal settles in a bit more, and the snow melts away, one is about my speed! (we do have a 10 year old, very overweight, yellow lab in the house as well, along with my 84 year old father-in-law, so things are pretty crazy at times). Anyway, Royal is looking for some play time, so maybe our greys can have playgroup, once the snow level gets lower. We have our front yard fenced in-about 1 1/2-2 acres-so plenty of room to roam and run! You have gotten great advice from all through this site so I don't really have anything much to offer at this point except that you can't anticipate everything until you get your grey home-as I am learning again with Royal. Today I learned that he has a chewing need-and needed to substitute a rawhide for my bra! Although he has bonded very well with me, he still runs away from me at times, even when I am trying to give him something to eat! Anyway, wish you all the best tomorrow! Our phone number at home is 993-2803 if you have any questions, want to plan to get our greys together, etc.

Nora, Paul (DH), and Royal (Cotterpin) - MGPS called him Morris, but we took back his racing name

Guest cherieinohio

Hi Jessica,

By my calculations, you should have gotten your new friend today or will tomorrow. Hope everything goes well. I'm sure you'll fall in love with each other. They are all so grateful.

Let us know how it's going.

Cherieinohio

Hi Jessica - did you get to sleep last night? :nappy I remember tossing and turning the night before we went for our first grey, just from excitement. Let us know EVERYTHING about your new grey. This is such a big day and you are in for a wonderful life of experiences with your greyhound. We'll be thinking of you today!

Mary

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest eastcancoast

Hi Jessica and welcome from your neighbour in New Brunswick! :wave

I believe you have moved and won't have internet access until the 15th so you will be keeping us all in suspense about your new pup :sad1

BTW we have the same birthday - not the same year unfortunately for me ;)