Tommyboy May 1996-12/27/06

Guest LittleGreys

Guest LittleGreys

My TommyBoy went from 22 pounds down to 12 in the last 2 months, so I knew something was very wrong. His bloodwork was all normal, however. I even had an ultrasound done that I was told was normal, but now believe the ultrasound doctor should not be practicing, but I won't go into that.......It would not have saved Tommy. He had not eaten a bite since Saturday and I couldn't watch him starve any longer. I took him to my very good vet and she said we could open him up and do an exploratory if I wanted. I did opt for that, and she found a large ulcerated tumor in his stomach, it had also spread to his liver and pancreas. I chose then to let him go. She said she could not remove it, and that he must be in agony from the looks of the tumor.

She said he was a "real character" and that he was. He was one MEAN cat, LOL!!! When I brought foster dogs in, he would sit and watch them with this smug look on his face. And he wouldn't move, no dog was going to chase him! If a dog dared come sniff him, he gave them a "sharpie across the nose" -as my daughter would say-, and they were cat safe after that! Or at least they never bothered TommyBoy again!!

I found Tommy in 1996, starving to death then. Someone had pinned a piece of binder twine to his collar and he was in the woods, entangled in the brush. I had heard a cat crying for days, and my Dad assured me it was just a tom cat out "catting", but after 5 days, I knew better. Off into the woods I went, and there he was. And he has been with us since.

My grandmother passed away in late September, and her kitty came to live here. I told my daughter that we have Grammie's kitty now and now she has our TommyBoy with her in heaven.........

You will be missed "TumTum"!!

I'm sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry. Godspeed Tommyboy. :grouphugf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so sorry. :grouphugf_yellow

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Che_mar_Cody

making me cry - I miss my kitty of 18 years soo much. Christmas is very hard because the tree was her favorite place to lay - all curled in the packages. I understand and am sorry for the loss

I'm so sorry. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg