Dear Jessie....

Pippin

I got a call from the vet's office earlier this week. It seems that I've finally gotten the bill paid for your last month with me. :) I'm sorry you had such a rough last month, little one... that's one of the few regrets I have about our time together. But Doc promised me that we didn't leave you hanging around longer than necessary.

I'm glad you still visit me in my dreams - I miss you bunches. Now that I've paid the vet, I can start saving to bring you home. Those folks won't let me make payments, so I have to wait until I have all the $$ gathered up. Someday I'm gonna own a home again, and when I do, you'll be planted in the memory garden, with your own butterfly bush to lie under.

But you'll always be close to me in my heart. I was working on my Christmas letter earlier this week, and as part of my sharing with my friends about this past year, I had to share that you went to the Bridge. I was weeping on the plane as I wrote it, and it was as fresh as if it were just last week, instead of 3 months ago this Saturday.

I miss how you would look at me with your little cataract-covered eyes, trying so hard to see me and somehow managing to see me with your heart, and to communicate so very clearly how much you loved and trusted me. medium.jpg

I miss seeing you when I come home from a road-trip, and scooping you up out of your crate at Dee's, or off the chair in her kitchen, and how your whole body would shake with excitement while you sniffed every inch of me your nose could reach, making sure it was really me, and I really did come back for you.

I miss you every time I drop a piece of food on the floor - now that you're gone, I have to pick it up and throw it away, because you're not there to hoover it up for me.

You taught me so much, little one. I've never really been able to put it into words, but I know it's true. You adapted to the extreme changes in your life, the loss of your first love after 9 years, and yet you gave yourself unreservedly to me, trusting that I wouldn't abandon you like the other lady did. And I wouldn't. You wrapped your paws around my heart, and then you dug around until you'd made yourself a cozy little nest inside there.

That's where you live now, besides the Bridge. Safely nested in my heart. Home forever, in your forever home.

But I wish I could pick you up again, and kiss the top of your head, and watch you demolish a greenie.

Someday, my friend....

Until then, remember that I love you.

Edited by Pippin

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Always in our hearts until we meet again. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So very hard :( .

Sending hugs for you, and blowing some little kisses to your little girlie across the bridge.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

That was such a beautiful letter to your baby. *Hugs* I know how hard it is to lose such a loved one.

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!