Problems With Post Moderation.

Jeff

If you have a problem with something the moderators have or have not edited, complaining to them does nothing. They are here to enforce the Terms of Service which I have created. If you have a problem with policy, you have 2 choices. Find another venue, or contact me, not the moderator. Moderators are the TOS enforcers, not the creators. If you contact me on a policy issue, be specific, not general. I most likely would not have read the post/issue you will be referring to. Expressing your policy issues to me privately is no big deal, bitching to/about a moderator has a good chance of getting you booted.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest sheila

that is so confusing. You make the policy, they enforce it as they think best. If ppl don't like it you want them to complain to you, who may have not read the post/issue... You have said in the past to contact a moderator and NOT YOU with questions. Which is it?

Anyone who sees their post edited by a moderator is of course going to contact the moderator that edited the post. That is what makes sense to most ppl.

I don't have much of an issue the way this board is moderated, I think everyone does a good job. But I think there is confusion about what the rules are, who they apply to (and who they don't) who to go to with a problem because there seems to be conflicting ways of dealing with things

He is talking about issues about the policy. Contact him with policy issues.

Contact mods to ASK WHY a post was edited, but complaining about the edits to a moderator won't get you anywhere.

Like Trudy said... Policy.

The mods get bitched out all the time for editing posts with animal abuse. In the TOS which I wrote, animal abuse posts are forbidden. Complaining about it to a moderator does nothing... To a much lesser extent, it is like complaining to a cop who writes you a ticket for speeding. The cop did not create the law.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Trudy, can you edit Jeff's post for grammar? I think he meant "chance" not "change"

:)

See how long it takes him to ask you why/what you edited.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

So, if we get a PM from a moderater and have questions, we can't respond to the PM with those questions???

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

So this means I can't post about beating my critters anymore :dunno

:P

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

So, if we get a PM from a moderater and have questions, we can't respond to the PM with those questions???

I think he means if you have a problem with the boards policy dont ask the mods ask him... Like for example posting an AR PR thread that gets locked... You can ask the mod why it was locked they'll answer. If you have a problem with not being able to post a AR PR post, then you need to talk to him... I think I got that right :lol:rofl

Edited by StridersSis

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest The4stones
SO can we report abuse of non-animals... just not animals.... :evil

Jenn, Jenn, Jenn... You are a little :evil... :lol

DAve

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Can I report the abuse I have suffered because of my animal? Beeber Skeeber can be quite a handful! :P

:lol