Saying Goodbye To Annie

Guest greysrun

Guest greysrun

This angel was found by my partner (Sue) as a pup running down a very busy road 12 years ago. She was matted and a mess and taken to the vet for an inspection. By the time she was picked up from the vet she was a red furball of love and Sue was a goner. But now cancer forces us to say goodbye - either today or tomorrow.

Unfortunately Sue just had a knee replacement last week and is already in pain. This is not helping. We also found out 2 weeks ago that her 16 year old cat has cancer and only has a few months at most. Sue and Annie could use your good thoughts right now.

Here they are yesterday afternoon. Annie never likes to be on the bed and wanted to get down right after I lifted her up there. I said "Your mama just wants to snuggle with you". She turned around once and lay right down. She's such a sweet girl. :cry1

This is Sue's heart dog.

Annie1.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Sandy

Edited by greysrun

Guest argolola

I had to come back and look at this picture. It's so soulful and deep. My heart is breaking for you all and I'm sobbing at work.

May God bless.

Guest vahoundlover
I had to come back and look at this picture. It's so soulful and deep. My heart is breaking for you all and I'm sobbing at work.

May God bless.

Me too :weep

My thoughts will be with you and your family.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest jettcricket

Awwww....I'm so sorry. Saying goodbye to a beloved pet is one of the hardest thing to do. :cry1 Wishing Annie a safe and peaceful trip to the Bridge.....:f_pink

Guest greysrun

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

I love this place - where the words of strangers can help buoy one above the high waves that feel like they are going to pull us under.

Thank you again.

I am so sorry. Annie is a beautiful dog.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Please tell Sue my thoughts are with her and Annie... what a beautiful picture you got of the two of them together.

It's so hard to say goodbye to our friends.... but it's the greatest gift we can give them after all their unconditional love... they should never know suffering. Bless you and Sue for being able to let her go. :grouphug

Godspeed Annie! I'm sure my Harley boy will be waiting to say hello at the bridge... he always did have a thing for foxy redheads!! :kiss2

Thinking of all of you.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Gogh4It

Thinking of you & sending positive healing thoughts to you & Sue...tell her best of luck with the knee surgery...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

:paw:f_pink:brokenheart:dogcookie:brokenheart:f_pink:paw

Guest how888

What a beautiful picture of Sue and Annie together. May all of your memories comfort you in the days to come. Life is a journey and think of it as Annie moving ''Somewhere Over The Rainbow" til we all meet again. I am sending you both a bouquet of blessings. Remember we are all here for support. She is an angel on earth and will be an angel in Heaven. God Bless.