When Does It Let Up

SAVED2

The grief of loosing my three boys in a short period of time hurts , every day I'm reminded of them they were a big part of my life I know that some day we will be together again and I know who they are with now but still the thoughts remain how do you deal with the loss , SLICK , LARRY , and THE REV.

Dan

Edited by SAVED2

I don't know...I wish I did. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greytbookert

I wish I had the answer for you but I don't. I can not imagine how you feel with the loss of three in such a short amount of time. I don't think we ever get over the pain. We can only hope that someday we will feel better. but I truly think a part of us will always remain sad.

Hugs to you and know that we are all here for you!

I don't know either. Even after almost four years, thinking of the loss of my first hound Emily still makes me cry, and with Beatrice leaving us just this past September, well, that's still a very fresh pain. I agree with what someone said above, that part of us will always feel sad.

Take comfort in knowing you'll be with them again someday, and they truly are always with you in your heart. :bighug

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

Guest shanab

I don't know either. I'm stilling facing the loss of my girl Sara whom I lost in December. I don't think there's an answer to your question. The best I can say is, you will never forget the feeling you have in your heart, but it does get easier, and they would want you to go on. I felt so lost and I still grieve but life is so short and there's so much love you have to give. What has really helped me is getting another beautiful girl to fill the void. I will never forget my Sara but my heart is full again and the reward you can get from giving another beautiful greyt a home is unbelievable. Good luck to you.

Guest gr84me

Someone once told me that you can only feel great pain if you have known great love.

I wish all dogs could have the love that you showed to your boys. I know that doesn't help you feel any better, but please know that our hearts are with you. I think the sadness will always be there, but so will all the love.

:grouphug

Pam

I don't think there's any one answer to that Dan. Those of us who have lost beloved greys know the kind of pain you're in, although your losses have been great to lose 3 so quickly.

I know when Cody left so suddenly, what helped me most was being here on GreyTalk, where my loss was understood. That, and my remaining boy helped me pull myself together again. Keeping busy, once I was able to concentrate again helped too. And I know that having to go get another grey, while painful, was necessary for Bailey, and Lou did distract me from the pain as well. My boys need me to be there for them; and while sometimes all I could do was sit down on the floor and cry with them there by my side, the grief gradually softened over time. A lot of time.

The second anniversay of his death is rapidly approaching, and while I still deeply feel the loss of Cody, I can appreciate the memories more now, and smile softly when I look at his favorite spot in the yard instead of dissolving into grief when standing on the spot where he died. We can speak of him now, and the things he did without an overwhelming sense of pain and loss. And mostly, I think when I look into the eyes of Bailey, Lou and Romi, I remember that I must love them now, and be here for them now, because that is all we really have.

You're in my thoughts. :grouphug

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest how888

I don't know either because Howie had his 2 year anniversary and I could't even post it here. I was too heartsick to do it. I'm glad you said you knew you would see them all again one day.That's all we can do is have our faith and support one another.

{{{{{{{{{{Dan & Sharon}}}}}}}}}}

I think of you often.

I don't know that there is a way to deal with it.

I do know this, though: You were lucky to share a part of their lives, and they yours.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Billy_thundersmom

Oh Dan, I am sorry that you have lost your friends. Know that they are forever with you and that they left vital parts behind. keep breathing and one day, hopefully it will hurt a little bit less. We are all crying with you, if that helps. :(

Guest Baloos_Mom

I don't know exactly how to deal with the pain either. But I try to focus on honoring their memory...continue working with rescue in their name in a sense...I started volunteering the day I put my Nikita (5 years on the 23rd of this month actually) to sleep...and always say I do this in her honor...after losing my foster on the 13th of this month my focus was to save the lurcher in the southern Ohio pound because I was contacted around that same day and felt it was a sign...weird to some maybe but it helps me. Thinking of them running pain and worry free with no boundaries. When my Grandma was dying she and I talked about her being at peace and letting go...she told me she would miss the kids (mine actually) and I said, "No Gram, it isn't like that...WE will miss YOU , yes that is true...but you will not miss us...that is not how heaven is...time is not like it is here and in no time we will be there with you"...I use this for myself when I miss her so much!...she was so sick and was suffering a great deal. So I use this same thought when I miss the pups. Hope that helps a little Dan. :grouphug

Guest Robynroo

Dan & Sharon, I think all of the advice above is great, especially stay in prayer...God will get you through this. He put these sweet pups in your life for a reason...here it is...He knew you would love them through it all, that you would sacrifice anything & everything & in the end...you would be there for them & with them. Just like these pups loved you unconditionally, you loved them the same way...THIS is why God put them in your lives.

Try not to think of the pain of lossing them. Think of the joy and love you had of having them and the wonderful memories. Honor them by not ever forgetting them.

Without this philosophy I could never have adopted Susie at 14 years old or any other senior and I intend to adopt more seniors after I move to Memphis.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Dan...

This brought tears to my eyes. It's so hard to let them go... For a long time I couldn't have pictures of Harley in the house... the pain was too fresh. One day months ago I was going through my desk and ran across a photo I took of Harley... its a horrible photo... all out of focus.... and he isn't even centered in the picture. But I remember that day and I remember how hard I was laughing at him when I took the picture. That's why it's out of focus! So I taped it to my bathroom mirror. Every morning it makes me smile.

To help me through the grief I tend to write about Harley a lot... (anyone ever notice :P ) And it helps me... I try to keep my ramblings to my annonymous online journal... but sometimes it spills over onto GT. But just telling his story heals my heart in some way.

It gets better... there was a time that I thought I might not ever stop crying. Hell... I may NEVER stop crying for my best friend and that's ok. But the tears don't come as often... and the tears don't last as long. But it gets so much better. Instead of that heavy feeling in your chest when you think of them... there will come a time when you will think of them and you will be filled with a happy feeling.

Hugs to you Dan... :grouphug

Amanda

Dan, I wish I knew. It never goes away, it just gets a little softer. Every time I see a post about a grey who has passed or one who is terminal, the fresh tears come because I know all too well what the poster is going through. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg