Doc Jordan

onrushpam

He helped us get our adoption program going. He loved greyhounds... He was the track vet for YEARS... long before greyhound adoption found a foothold in the Panhandle. When we started the adoption program at JCKC, he did everything he could to help us succeed.

I'll NEVER forget the night he called me about NINE dogs from Pensacola because a kind-hearted woman took them from the vet's office where they were about to be PTS and loaded them in her van, thinking she'd drive them to her all-breed rescue group in NC. NINE dogs loose in a van with a single driver! She got to Monticello and somehow found Doc Jordan. He took the woman to his home for the night and held the dogs in the vet clinic until I could find a place to stash them.

He was a gruff ol' guy and fought his cancer with a vengance... but, it finally felled him. We'll miss him terribly. :weep:cry1

His family has asked for contributions to our group in lieu of flowers... He's still helping the greyhounds! :wub:

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

I'm sure that there are a lot of greyhounds that will be there to say hello. I'm sure that Doc Jordan will be helping one of the volinters from QCGA. His name was Gary and he lived for greyhounds also.

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Condolences to his family.

Godspeed, Doc.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Godspeed Doc! Take care of all the hounds at the bridge till we get there!

:grouphug

I know he will. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.