The Old Ones

Burpdog

Ok....can't stop crying! :( God Bless my Sopia and all of our precious seniors! :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:cry1:cry1:cry1

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that's quick to cry! What a beautiful poem! After the first two lines I was in tears!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I need a mop for my keyboard.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest DutchGrey

People we know from our adoption group who live close by, own an 11-year old grey. She still rules her pack of three and most certainly is very very special. Whenever we go to the beach to let the dogs run, she's still fast and can keep up with the younger dogs. She just doesn't always join them for a run, because she probably thinks it's for "the pups" :lol She looks at you with big eyes and leans on you for hugs and kisses. She always glued to my S.O. and he's in love with her!! :) Her mom and dad always say she's made of gold both inside and out (her fur is golden and her racing name had gold in it). Since meeting her, my S.O. and me have been talking about adopting a senior in the future. She's convinced us totally of how special seniors are!!

I knew I would get teary-eyed if I opened this topic. Well said, everyone.

me too. It's nice to know though that there are peolple out there (all you guys, and me too ) that truly cherish animals, especially greys, and try to do as much as we can to help all the ones that are out there.

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Hi Andrea! :lol

Did you tell these nice people how many times you've flunked?

If you were one of my 8th graders, we'd be considering you for retention by now! :lol

Welcome :) Sorry I didn't see this until now ;)

How are your puppers?

Edited by Vinnie and Rex's mom

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Senior hounds are the best...well, okay, all my hounds are the best, and only two of them are seniors. DH and I adopted Liz a year and a half ago, just months after her 11th birthday. She was a scrawny thing with no fur from her ribs back due to a flea allergy (that must have been left madly untreated!), she was and is still covered in liver spots, her skin is too big for what's in it...and her mouth smelled like a swamp. And when she crawled under the comforter with me to sleep one night, I knew she wasn't leaving. She's still my lovebug. We wouldn't trade her for the world, and we constantly learn new things from watching her explore the world.

Our other senior is Profile...he's just turned seven this past July and is every bit the grumpy old man. He's my snuggle-bug, and he's showing us how to adjust to life with a senior...just doing it on his terms.

I can't say that my next dog will be a senior, but I've got two six year olds that are headed that way next year...wow...my entire pack save one will be a senior! :)

Nan

1891749469_26b4440a06_m.jpg
Nancy and Simon Dunne, with Clown and Daisy in Greenville,

SC....but missing West Yorkshire summat chronic! uk.gif

I agree 100%! I adopted Duke when he was bounced back at the age of 10 1/2 yrs and I love him so much. I had Scotch for almost 5 years as an only dog when we fostered and then adopted Duke. I hope that more folks will open their hearts and homes to senior greys in need. It is totally worth it!

Edited by marnie

Great thread. We at Sheya have so many oldies in. I will make sure I send prospective adopters over to this thread, maybe it will convince them a senior is soooo special.

Julia

• 4 weeks later...

Shadow just turned 14 :) He came to me along with Jodie 2 years ago. Jodie went to the bridge in May. I have had Shadow longer than my last Dane! I got her when she was 4 1/2 months old and lost her when she was 21 months old :(

There are no guarantees, no matter what breed, no matter what age they are when you get them.

My youngest, the puppy boy Austin, turned 10 last month. He's as goofy as they come (aren't all tuxedos?) :) He still runs sideways while running forwards (something I will never get used to :lol )

SieSie (who will be 13 this month) does laps inside when the bug bites her, from on my bed, down the hall, into the family room--repeat, repeat :lol She also does laps outside when the mood hits her.

Heart (who will be 12 this month) is as sweet as they come. I call her SweetHeart :colgate

Seniors? You bet! I'd have more if I could.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 1 year later...