Marcus Came Home Today

dmswartzfager

I'm not really looking for responses to this- everyone has been very sweet in responding to my original thread about Marcus' going to the bridge, and very sweet about remembering him in some recent posts with his pictures- but bringing his ashes home from the vet today hit me harder than I expected. I kind of wish I had waited until DH could be with me.

I miss you Marcus- you silly chattering lapdog. Thank you for allowing us to love you, even if it was for a shorter time than we thought it would be. Treasure every day, we were told, and we did, didn't we? We love you. Run free, silly boy.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Guest argolola

May God bless you and your DH on this difficult day. Yes, it's hard bringing them home, but in time you will find it a comfort. Sometimes I look up on the mantle and see my Zombie's little box and just smile.

The love of Marcus will live forever.

f_yellow:gh_lay:bighugf_yellow

Bless your heart...of course your GT family is right here with you. We all feel the same pain...no matter whether its our own baby or someone elses.

Marcus was loved & you were loved by Marcus!

He is home now.

Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you.

St. Francis de Sales

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

My heart aches for you. I remember the day I had to pick Howie up all by myself. I have his little box of ashes to be buried with me. Find comfort in knowing we are all here for you day and night and watch for those signs........ Just believe and you will see them... God Bless Linda and Nike

Hi Deanna - I remember too well going to pick up Cody... but strangely, it was better after that, to have her home.

I have some pix from Dewey that I'll give you & Brian. Don't know if now's a good time or if I should wait a bit...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Deanna, I'm so sorry about Marcus. Unfortunately I know all to well what you are going through. I'm so dreading next week when we will be picking Annie's ashes up. I hope their playing together at the bridge.

Trish, Thorpe, Thorton, Solstice and Remy
Come see us at Milkys Greyt Goodies Fleece coats, cool-down coats, pajamas and Scrunchies for the well dressed greyhound

Guest dwolfe711

Deanna - We've been thinking about you and family and pups - glad Marcus is back home but know how final that makes it. He was such a special boy - I still remember the first time we met him at a meet and greet - he was the sweetest greyhound we had ever met (don't tell any of ours I said that!). We would have taken him home that day if we could have, but things worked out the way they were supposed to - your family adopted him! The first time you sent me pics of him in your house (esp the one of him half on and half off the couch - what a riot!) we knew that he was where he was supposed to be! He had the best possible home with you and Brian and his grey brothers and sisters. He was obviously so happy with you - he loved his home and he loved his family! He was one of those greys you meet and never forget and we are so glad that you took the chance on a returned senior with a health problem and took him into your home and your hearts. It is hard to take these senior pups for what seems like such a short time to us - but to them, I like to believe it is the happiest time of their lives - and they have so much love to give in return! He will always be in your hearts and you have wonderful memories of his time with you. We look forward to seeing you and family at an event again soon. Take care. Hugs and kisses to the rest of the pups!!

Donna (and Dave)