Veterinarians For Retired Racing Greyhounds

Diane, has GPAHouston sent this info to all of their vets?

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest AbbyGirl

Just curious,can any vet from any part of the world join this? I am from a small community in NS. We now have a smalll number of retired racers in our area and their family's are almost all using the same vet clinic because we the owners seem to be educating the vets a lot.

Colette

Yes--anywhere in the world.

I've let quite a few vets know.  I wonder if the entire GPA Houston network has been notified(?)  I'll have to check :)

1668708[/snapback]

Wouldn't be too much of a problem to send the info out to each of them. Just a thought. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Valliejo2001

Diane~ This is marvelous. I wonder if anyone has contacted Dr. Radcliff yet who is a greyt Vet in Wheeling, Wv? If not I will do so. He speaks at Dewey quite often. If someone has contacted him, than he will get contacted again :lol Will also let my personal Vet know this week.

Darlene

:gh_lay

Guest Joanne33

That's a greyt idea. I will pass the info on to my vet, Dr. Cotthaus. I always recommend him to new greyhound owners. My friend just recommended him to one of her friends after their greyhound passed away during a dental :(

Joanne

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm quite a bit late on getting this to my vet, but, better late than never - he's also got a new vet in his office with him now, so she'll most likely be seeing lots of greyhounds as well and couldn't hurt to get them joined up! I also wanted them to have Dr. Couto's info in case Ace's ultrasound tomorrow comes up with anything disturbing or perturbing :unsure

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sandysgreys

I just asked my vet, Dr Jang, to join the list since he has performed around 50 surgeries on greyhounds in the last year or so and is rapidly developing a large greyhound practice from my adopters. We just went through another "greyhound bleeder" case, nearly fatal that required 2 transfusions and he had gone through that with my boy, Reggie, about a year ago. I also gave him all the articles posted on the OSU website.

Sandy

• 9 months later...

Thanks for bumping. After what I went through late last year with my grey Lucky (died of OS) I wish I would have known of some place to refer my vet. I will definitely pass this info on to my new vet.

Thanks!

Kim, Silver and Holly

<p>Kim and the hound - Rumor
Missing my angels Marlow, Silver, Holly and Lucky

• 1 year later...
Guest kydie

I too will pass it on to my vet, I think it is a great idea, and for those who see only a few greys a year in very rural areas, like ours, this would be a great benifit