Soul Is Limping

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

He was fine when I left this morning. When DH got up he was limping a bit, but it got worse as the day went on. It's his right leg. We have a vet appt tomorrow at 2:30. He moved pretty fast when he heard the dinner bowl, and ate holding his leg up for the most part, but eventually put it down. He recuctantly went down the steps to go potty in the backyard. He can jump up on the chair and couch fine. I can't find anything wrong with his foot, but he flinches just a tad when I touch the elbow region. Please give me something else to worry about than the big C, and is there anything I can do tonight to help him? :cry1

IMG_0804.jpg

Edited by SoulsMom

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any pain meds, specifically tramadol?

If not, just see if he will let you ice it with a cold compress until you can get in to the vet for an xray.

Sending prayers :hope

Guest SoulsMom
Do you have any pain meds, specifically tramadol?

If not, just see if he will let you ice it with a cold compress until you can get in to the vet for an xray.

Sending prayers :hope

Thank you, I'll try the ice. No pain meds in the house. He seems off, not his happy self. He tenses when I touch his elbow and upper flank, and also his middle toes. No crying, I'm hoping he's just being a drama queen . . . . . .He'll walk on it barely, but as soon as he's stopped he lifts his leg.

It could be anything. Please don't get crazy, I know how hard it is not to, believe me.

It could be a soft tissue injury, sprain, disk... so please don't panic.

Do you have any deramaxx?

Polli has been limping for the better part of 2 weeks but I am keeping the faith. We went through the x-rays, etc. Nothing is showing.

Prayers for your baby.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending our many prayers and warm white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SoulsMom
It could be a soft tissue injury, sprain, disk... so please don't panic.

Thank you, this is what I want to hear :nod

icing is fine.

That's all I got, so that what I'm doing . . . . .

The thing that really bothers me is that he was fine this morning when I left. DH got up about fifteen minutes later and he had started the limping. It was small at first, but got worse throughout the day :dunno

Hang in there. Limping is scary and frustrating, but not always the dreaded C. Shanti has been limping on and off for 1 1/2 years. The first times horrified me! Multiple vet visits and xrays later, it is arthritis (she is only 3).

It is probably better that you don't give pain meds. I was told since I gave Shanti aspirin, I could not start her on the medicine for 3 days. It was a long sorry 3 days!

Good luck. Let us know what the vet says.

The Girls

Jack did that exact thing one day. In the end I think he slipped on the hardwood coming around the bed and pulled/strained something. But he was fine when I left and limping big time when I got back and I wasn't gone long. I was so scared. But he was fine!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest JenFallon

Maybe he just pulled something. Did he run around he yard last night or this morning?

Keep us updated and give him a hug from his "foster mom". You hang in there too.

Jen

Lots of positive thoughts from here. We've just spent months dealing with a mystery limp (NOT C, thank goodness) so I know how scary that can be.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest SoulsMom

Thanks everyone. He seems better this morning, but still "off". He's not limping as much, but he had trouble coming down the stairs for breakfast. I wasn't going to let him sleep up there last night, but rather come down and sleep with him in the living room after DH went to bed. But he snuck up there when I wasn't looking.

Maybe he just pulled something. Did he run around he yard last night or this morning?

Keep us updated and give him a hug from his "foster mom". You hang in there too.

Jen

Thanks Jen :grouphug I hope this is all it is. He did do zoomies early Thursday night, but none on Friday morning. He's usually pretty mellow and lazy in the mornings. I'm worried about how to get him out of the truck at the vets, since he seems to avoid situations that will put pressure on that leg. Guess I'll have to get someone to come lift him out. Little girl greys I can pick up, but he's just too big.

I'm supposed to be at an all day Sales Meeting in Sturbridge today. I had to call and tell them I wouldn't make it. Hope I don't get grief for it . . . .

All paws crossed that he just bumped or wrenched something.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest SoulsMom
Hopefully it's just a minor injury that can be fixed easily. Holding on to good thought for Soul. Let me know if you need help, Amber.

Oh, thank you Anne Marie, that really means a lot to me :grouphug

I think what was/is bugging me most is he's not his happy, goofy self. If he was limping but still being a flirt, I'd feel better. He just seems so mopey. But he did try to steal my slipper off my foot this morning, so that's a good sign :P

Guest greymom1997

Amber... you know I'm just 10 minutes away... if you need ANYTHING! let me know... not the same here without Phillie and I don't want my buddy Soul to be in need of anything.... even if it is just a doggy sitter... AJ might like the company anyway.... although the last time Soul was here, AJ thought he WAS a bit on the goofy side.

Fingers and paws crossed....

Guest SoulsMom
Amber... you know I'm just 10 minutes away... if you need ANYTHING! let me know... not the same here without Phillie and I don't want my buddy Soul to be in need of anything.... even if it is just a doggy sitter... AJ might like the company anyway.... although the last time Soul was here, AJ thought he WAS a bit on the goofy side.

Aww, thank you Donna :grouphug I wanted to call you last night, but I felt it was better to give you your time to grieve. I know how awful things must be for you right now, and I didn't feel right bothering you with Soul's issues. It's such a relief to know you guys are there if we need help. Hopefully the vet will tell me this afternoon that Soul's just a sissy and going to be A-ok :goodluck

(might want to reconsider the Soul sitting offer . . . remember, Mia hates his kisses!)

Guest greymom1997

Aww, thank you Donna :grouphug I wanted to call you last night, but I felt it was better to give you your time to grieve. I know how awful things must be for you right now, and I didn't feel right bothering you with Soul's issues. It's such a relief to know you guys are there if we need help. Hopefully the vet will tell me this afternoon that Soul's just a sissy and going to be A-ok :goodluck

(might want to reconsider the Soul sitting offer . . . remember, Mia hates his kisses!)

Yes.. but Mia is in school all day!!! Hope I didn't sound too excited about that! No really I DO miss her... LOL