My Salvador

Guest Salvadorshuman

Guest Salvadorshuman

I lost my Salvador today. He had the dreaded Osteo, and we had decided to amputate. Yesterday, the surgery went well, and he was healing ahead of schedule. I was going to bring him home today at 4:00. But last night in his sleep, he quietly passed. He just closed his eyes and never opened them again.

I don't understand why he gave up like that, he wanted to fight, but now he is gone. I am sorry his last day was at the vet, but I am glad the pain is over for him.

I will miss him and his silly habits so much. It is snowing today and his coat is hanging on its peg, his bed is empty, his toys left all over the house, and he is gone. What do you do with items that make you both happy and sad to see? How do you deal with the things he won't need anymore, but you just can't throw away because they were his?

Oh my sweet Salvador - first dog of my own. You were such a good boy! And I love you. Run free and never know pain again. Play with all the others at that beautiful bridge. And be happy.

:gh_run2

I am so very sorry. Run free and healed sweet Salvador. :f_red When our Angel Sophia left us...I packed all of her possessions away in a safe place...even her birthday presents that we had bought for her as she was in surgery on her 12th birthday....They are all packed away....these possessions meant so much to her and I could not ever let another have them. :( I am so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest rsqdogsmom

I took my girl's collar and put it around the neck of her favorite 'puppy'... a stuffed grunting sheep, and put it in her bed for a few weeks.

Her bed was right next to mine, and I used to reach down and touch her in the night when she had bad dreams of her life before she came to me.

Her collar and the 'puppy' both smell like her and it comforts me to be able to hug her stuffie and smell her beautiful fur when I thought I just wanted to die from the saddness. :(

After a while, I took the sheep and put him on my dresser where I can see him from my bed. I still smell him sometimes when I am missing her...........

I like to grunt him and remember how happy she was when I gave him to her.

No one else will ever have her favorite stuffie or her collar.

It's not much, but it was all I could think to do.

I know just how you feel.

My heart just feels like it will never heal even though I still have 2 other furkids that I dearly love.

No one ever takes the place of one you've lost.

You have my deepest sympathy.

OMG, I never ever expected to see this. Everything sounded so hopeful yesterday. I am so sorry.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest pleasantsarg

I am so sorry. I have been thinking of you both during this time & will continue to pray for you and Salvador.

I'm so sorry this has happened. I know words seem truly inadequate right now... but...

When I lost my first dog after 18 1/2 years together, I really fell into a seemingly bottomless hole. Time really does heal the pain. I saved his possessions, thinking I never wanted a "replacement" pet to use MY dog's belongings. Three years later, I brought home my first greyhound. I found after some time that it did my heart good to see MY dog's belongings being thoroughly enjoyed by another pup.

Give it time.

:f_white

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. I'm sobbing my eyes out reading about your sweet Salvador.

There are no words to ease your pain, but I pray that in time your tears will turn to smiles as you remember him.

As Patti suggested, box up his things. One day you will be glad you have them.

May God bless you.

Oh my goodness, I'm shocked! I'm just so sorry to read this and can't begin to express how very very sorry I am for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Valliejo2001

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. But now he is running free with the other angels all around him.

:f_white:angelwings:angelwings

Darlene

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I am so very sorry to read this. I was thinking of Salvador today.

You did your best for him, but Osteo is bigger than any of us, unfortunately. I know this all too well, and I know how much you are hurting. Take comfort in knowing you loved Salvador and did everything you could for him. He knows that.

Hopefully Chloe met him at the bridge with one of her big sloppy kisses. Take care.

Guest hannahmom

So sorry to hear of Salvador's passing.

He is pain free and running at the bridge

You will both be in my thoughts today

:f_red

Oh no...I couldn't believe it when I saw his name here...I'm so very sorry, it sure sounded like he was doing so well. :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest VaGreymom

I am so sorry for your loss of Salvador. After reading the post yesterday, I felt so good that everything went so well.

Run free sweet Salvador.

Guest greyt_parents

:cry1:cry1

We are so sorry! Tears are streaming down my face! We loss our Tex 3 wks ago and we have just started to put his stuff away - I left his water-dish with water in it out for 2 wks after he was gone. We know exactly how you are feeling Tex was ill but we were told he could overcome it, yet the morning of April 17th while out at the park for a run he just died... Like Salvador he was not suppose to die yet...

There is a beautiful website honouring our babies that have crossed the rainbow bridge : www.petloss.com

We have been logging on every Monday since Tex's passing for the online candle ceremony. We ball our eyes out each time but it helps.

We are so, so sorry for your loss and feel your immense sorrow.

Hopefully Salvador will meet up with Tex at the bridge...

:cry1:cry1

My heart aches for you and I know what pain you're feeling right now. :brokenheart I recently lost my heart dog from OS, too. :weep I'm sure all of our Bridge angels will take the very best care of your precious boy. May you always know that his loving spirit is with you forever. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet Salvador. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Salvadorshuman

Thank you all for your sweet words of comfort. It is healing for me to not feel so alone in this. My house seems so empty without him to greet me. My cats are really confused that he isn't here. But I am not alone in my grief, for each of you share it as you remember your precious bridge kids. Thank you. May all of your houses never be without the love of a pet.

Guest Lunula

I'm so sorry for your loss. There really isn't much to say, but I'm glad your dear sweet boy had such a happy and loving home... :cry1