My Salvador

Guest Salvadorshuman

Guest how888

My heartfelt sympathy to you at this tragic passing of your beloved Salvador. My heart aches for you for I can feel your pain. I had a very hard time with Howie's things also and put them away so I never had to look at them again. When Nike came into our life we bought everything new. Just believe that "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" your Salvador is watching over you. :f_red:f_red Linda and Nike

Guest BrockGusDad
... My house seems so empty without him to greet me.  My cats are really confused that he isn't here.  But I am not alone in my grief, for each of you share it as you remember your precious bridge kids.  Thank you.  May all of your houses never be without the love of a pet.

1435190[/snapback]

Martha, while I have already posted, this post struck me.

Perhaps my story can help others. I have been greyless for 2 years, ten months, fifty days. The memories of the seven greys I have been co-owned by however are all around me (not to mention the countless ones fostered). My place resembles a sanctuary of memories- those who have passed, statues of greys given as gifts (one by a dear grey friend from NJ who passed last year from cancer), pictures of my "nieces and nephews" from around the country, my Greyhound Guardian bracelet sent to me by Snoopy who has been miraculously battling osteo for over a year (due, I am sure, to the pizza $ I send regularly ;) ).

I live precariously, hopefully soon to be replaced by several greys.

I have so often commented on the magic of greys. In my case, a grey- Commander BROCKington- saved me from the deep abyss of my daughter's brutal murder.

I know of what I speak.

Guest BleusysMom

A New Angel :angelwings is spreading His wings today :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

You have your own Personal :angel Angel watching over You...Feel His Warmth...Salvador will watch over and Protect You, as You have always done for Him....Love Lives on :heart:heart:heart

I am so sorry, my thoughts and prayers are with you. :candle:hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm so sorry. Perhaps his spirit did not give up, only his poor body couldn't go on.

I still have a box full of treasured reminders of my first "dog of my very own"--the beloved dachshund Claire, who was with me for 17 great years. For days after her death, I kept everything just as it had been for so many years--bed, food dishes, toys all in place. I couldn't bear to take them up (as if somehow that made her loss final?). Then there came a day when I couldn't bear to see her things anymore--reminders of the horrid loss. I boxed up the things I didn't want to part with. Trust your own timing--your emotions/heart/mind will tell you when it is time for each step in grief and healing.

It is important to let yourself grieve as much and as long as you need to-- that is an important step in healthy healing. I cried off and on for months after Claire's death. I still tear up thinking of her loss after 10 years, but mostly I have all the happy memories of her and you will have all the happy, loving memories of Salvador to keep him as a loving and beloved presence in your life.

Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest Baloos_Mom
:bighug:bighug:f_red I am so sorry! I always wish I had something wonderful to say to take away the pain...but there just isn't anything that can be said. Run free sweetie!!

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry for your loss. I too have most of Trevor's things put away, but a few are still out where I can see them every day. His leash and collars are on a mantle with his remains and a picture of us together. His comforters my two greys use and I still think of him nesting in them too. And I still have a goofy picture of him on my nightstand....

We were living in an apt when Trevor was diagnosed with OS, waiting on our new home to be completed. 3 weeks before we were to move, he left us for the Bridge. I kept all his belongings on his bed until we moved, then put most of them away at our new home. The next day we adopted Ossie.

I guess what I'm saying is take as long as you need. It helped me to have his things around. For others it's a sad reminder. Do what feels best for you....

Godspeed, dear Salvador.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

f_yellow I'm so sorry for your loss.

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

Guest auntiesara

We're so sorry for the loss of Salvador. You might want to give his toys to your adoption agency so that someone can play with them. Our Rosie, who also had osteo, will meet him at the Bridge and help him get acquainted.

Sara and Charlie

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am sorry to hear of Salvador's passing. Your post brought tears to my eyes, your love for him shines through the words.

Rest easy, Salvador...

I'm very sorry to hear of your sad and sudden loss :cry1

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so sorry! :f_white

I was shocked to read this. None of us are the same after sharing life with a greyhound. You have wonderful memories that will bring you comfort in the future. :grouphug

Godspeed Salvadore. :gh_runner

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

So sorry for your loss , two hours ago we lost Slick to cancer , as for his toys in our house we have 4 other GREYS so toys are comunal as for his bed and new collar I'm sure they will fit the next unwanted senior Prayers for your peace.

Dan

Guest jettcricket

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss....how sad. You never had the chance to love on him after his surgery. I feel your pain. I, too, lost my first greyhound to Osteo. I read this post last night and cried for you, me and so many others who have lost their beloved pets. I'm sure my boy Chance was their to great Salvador. Sending you white light and peace.......