Smudge

Paula

My little gray parakeet, Smudge, died this morning.

We're so sad.

He was perfectly fine yesterday and last night, when I covered him for the night. Luke found him on the bottom of the cage this morning, still alive, but not moving. He quickly took him out and called for me. He held him for, not even a minute, and he died in Luke's hands.

Poor Luke. He's my 21 year old - a big teddy bear of a guy. If you can believe it, he and Smudge had a very sweet relationship. We got Smudge when he was just a tiny, little, baby. Luke was 14 when we got him and he was our family's first pet. Luke took to him right away and had a big part in hand taming him. Smudge loved Luke. He'd cling to the sides of his cage if Luke was nearby, demanding to be let out. When we'd let Smudge out of the cage, Luke's shoulder is where you'd find him. He'd fly all over the house and sometimes he'd be fresh and not let us catch him. All Luke had to do was whistle or call to him, and he'd go right to him and land on his head or shoulder.

As sad as I am, I'm happy that he died in the hands of one he loved and trusted so much. Luke is heartbroken.

My house will be so quiet without the sound of his funny, constant, chatter, bells being rung, and toys being played with.

Goodbye little sweetie. We loved you and we'll miss you.

paula_sig.gif

~One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all ~

i am so sorry about Smudge; how awful that must've been for Luke :grouphug:f_pink

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

:( Fly free over the rainbow sweetheart. :grouphug:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Smudge sounds like a very special fellow indeed. I'm sorry he had to leave you. Hugs to Luke and all his family.

Godspeed, Smudge.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest claysmom

My deepest sympathies to Luke and the rest of your family. May Luke take comfort in knowing that smudge was with his favorite loved one when he passed. It is not easy loosing a special member of the family,but know that Smudge is flying high over Rainbow bridge...

(((((((((((((((((Luke))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((Paula)))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((Paula's Family)))))))))))))))

Godspeed, sweet Smudge -- sing purty up there, while you're waiting for Luke to join you again.

My little gray parakeet, Smudge, died this morning.

We're so sad.

He was perfectly fine yesterday and last night, when I covered him for the night. Luke found him on the bottom of the cage this morning, still alive, but not moving. He quickly took him out and called for me. He held him for, not even a minute, and he died in Luke's hands.

Poor Luke. He's my 21 year old - a big teddy bear of a guy. If you can believe it, he and Smudge had a very sweet relationship. We got Smudge when he was just a tiny, little, baby. Luke was 14 when we got him and he was our family's first pet. Luke took to him right away and had a big part in hand taming him. Smudge loved Luke. He'd cling to the sides of his cage if Luke was nearby, demanding to be let out. When we'd let Smudge out of the cage, Luke's shoulder is where you'd find him. He'd fly all over the house and sometimes he'd be fresh and not let us catch him. All Luke had to do was whistle or call to him, and he'd go right to him and land on his head or shoulder.

As sad as I am, I'm happy that he died in the hands of one he loved and trusted so much.  Luke is heartbroken.

My house will be so quiet without the sound of his funny, constant, chatter, bells being rung, and toys being played with.

Goodbye little sweetie. We loved you and we'll miss you.

1393193[/snapback]

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest IscariotsSuperstar

It's amazing how such a small creature can capture our hearts, and take so much of us with them when they leave for the bridge. Seven years is a good long life for a parakeet. I'm so sorry for your loss. f_yellow