Elvis Has Crossed The Bridge

Guest raptorannie

Guest raptorannie

it has been quite some time since i have posted on grey-talk, and i wish that i didn't feel compelled to do so today. i have asked many of you for advice when elvis started "getting old", the rimadyl conrtoversy, should i up his glucosomine, et., etc., etc. i had wonderful "converstaions " with some of you offering help and advice. now i come to you with a pain in my heart that i feel for sure will never go away. elvis was peacefully let free last night. his weak hind quarters got to the point yesterday afternoon that he could not support himself and his toes were curled under. his moaning still resonates in my head and the look in his eyes was begging me to let him go. we took him to the emergency clinic, and after a quick checkover, decided to let him go with some dignity. i held his face up to mine and asked him if it was ok to allow him to die. what was i thinking? he would answer me? but i think he did. i felt his last warm breath on my face and i will never, ever forget the warmth he breathed into me then and for the 10 years that i was blessed to love beautiful boy. he is being cremated and will be back home with us tomorrow. my daughter put his guardian angel tag on a chain and hung it around my neck - my husband had his collar framed. our other three, nadine (grey), maggie(beagle) and angel(dachauau) and my husband and 2 daughters are grieving - even though i don't know you all, i ask that you keep us and my dear elvis in your thoughts and prayers, because as we all know, there is nothing like the love of a greyhound. elvis is running free with reece and highbound (his 2 grey friends), with no arthritis and no broken tail. his is and always will be my dignified, beautiful buddy.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. You like so many others have had to do the most unselfish thing you could for your baby and that is to let him go. Cherish your memories of him, he will always be with you. :f_red:f_red:f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet Elvis...run free healed and young once again. Find comfort in knowing all of our Angels were there to greet and welcome Elvis to the Bridge. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphugf_yellow Run free, Elvis. :gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest raptorannie

thank you all for your condolonces - just when i think it is getting easier, some little thing will bring the pain of losing him back - i never knew anything could hurt this bad. and on top of it all, my employer is threatening to terminate me because i asked for i day off to grieve for my dog. they told me not to bother showing up for work this trip ( i am a flight attendant ). i can't even grieve for elvis because of my boss's threat! i can't stop crying...