My Little Cottonball Has Made It

Guest soul4greys

Guest soul4greys

She was not a greyhound but she and our 1st grey Adonis had something special going on. No wonder, she was a remarkable little creature and a true fighter.

Cotton ("Cottonball") was an albino guinea pig noone wanted when she was still a baby. She had birth defects that are very common in albinos. She was blind and deaf on one side and very scared and insecure of everything due to her handicap. When the family who had her mother decided to "dispose" of her, I took her in my 3-guinea pig family. It was one of the greatest decisions I could have made because she gave me so much joy over the years. That was 7 years ago and the shy little piggy turned into a very small but agile, cuddly, funny and somewhat bossy little creature. She would love to purr and grunt laying on my chest being cuddled. She loved to be first in line to explore new territory and always first to get the yummiest treats. She was laying down the law in the piggy community and took care of them all. She was the only guinea pig I ever heard off to cuddle up to a 90 pound greyhound and actually fall asleep like that. Adonis licked her, nudged her and let her sleep on his belly while roaching. He walks by the cage and puts his nose to hers every morning and now he just stares inside the cage wondering where she went. Sylvester, one of our cats, is looking for her. He always sleeps in theirpen with them and Cotton was the only one who treated him like the guinea pig he tried to be.

After her companion, Viking, died recently after also 7 years of them being together, she was not the same. She fell sick with cancer and passed away in her sleep late yesterday afternoon. I shall miss this little girl who travelled the world with me. Houston, Frankfurt, London, Munich, Miami, Tampa....She and Viking were with me all the way....

Farewell my little baby girl and play with all the sweet kids at the rainbow bridge. You will always be missed but we shall meet again. In the meantime it is time for your reunion with your beautiful companion Viking and the other babies we lost too soon. I love them all.

Your mommy, Adonis & Sylvester (your greatest fans)

I am so sorry. OMG...what a life this little girl had...she was blessed. My prayers for you and your family. Run to Viking sweet Cottonball...You are loved. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry, what an amazing girl Cottonball was.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Oh, I'm so very sorry! :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so sorry. Your love for Cottonball shines through your post -- you made me want to meet her. Perhaps one day, over the bridge. Meantime, many hugs to you and her special friends, Adonis and Sylvester.

Godspeed, special girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest auntiesara

Tears here too. I know darling Cottonball is waiting with her new Piggie friends for the rest of her family to join her. We love them all but the special needs ones have a special place in our hearts.

Sara

I'm so sorry, she sounds like a wonderful little girl.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.