Joker

Guest Remembering_Trudy

Guest Remembering_Trudy

I don't even know if this belongs here since Joker is a horse. He was always so friendly, such a goofball - he was well named. He was so young and had so much to live for - he was only 4. I almost didn't go to the stables tonight, but I found some carrots in the fridge and thought I'd surprise them with a little treat. That was 6 hours ago and now he's gone. It's 4am and I don't want to sleep. It was colic. We fought so hard to save him, but it couldn't be done. I made the choice to let him go, let the suffering stop. I took off his halter, clipped off a lock of his mane and tail, then got down on the ground, kissed his soft nose and said I was so sorry. I don't know what to do, I don't know if I'll ever stop crying. Someone told me I was being so strong, but I collapsed when I got home. I threw myself on the ground and couldn't breathe. Joker loved to run, but tonight he could barely walk. He kept throwing himself on the ground in pain, thrashing around, scraping his beautiful face, and we had to force him up, to keep walking, it was his only chance. I hope he's galloping free again now, racing the wind. I was having trouble teaching him "whoa" - when he wanted to run, he ran and ran. Now he'll never have to stop if he doesn't want to. I can't believe I'll never see him again. I can't beileve I'll never be able to smile as I watch him run faster and faster around me in the arena, looking like if he could just go a liiittle faster, he could fly. When he was finally tired he would turn and prance towards me as if to say "aren't I fast? aren't I handsome?" Yes my baby Joker bud, you were so fast and so handsome and now you'll always be that way. I love you so much.

post-15-1091359309.jpg

Guest Snowy8

You're in the right place...we love & support all of God's creations. Bless your heart. It is so hard to let our loved ones go, but quality of life is what its about. And its about them, not us. It would be selfish of you to let him go on living, suffering. Colic is a hard thing to get past. You will see him again, don't worry. And yes he's running fast & in the wind...every one is applauding & cheering him on. He's racing with the greyhounds!!

God Bless You. :f_red:gh_lay

Edited by snowy8

Oh I am so sorry. Run free sweet Joker. My deepest sympathy. :f_red:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

He's absolutely gorgeous. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending along prayers to help you through this terrible time. :hope:hope:f_pink

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest TorynUs

I am so sorry to read of your loss of your beautiful horse. There really are no words to comfort you now, but know in some way all of us have shared the heartache you have now. :(

When I was young, my sister and I had a beautiful, sweet and gentle Palomino who was 1/2 American Saddle Bred and 1/2 Quarter Horse. I think of him so often...and usually each time end up with tears in my eyes----missing him and remembering the wonderful times we shared. But I never would have traded those days for anything. I really cherish those memories.

You will always miss your Joker but remember the love you share now and forever. The love you feel for him will never go away. f_yellow:heart

Guest Remembering_Trudy

Thanks everyone... You know, having horses for the past few years and loving horses all my life I've heard so much about colic. But no article, no book, no movie or anything else can prepare you for what it's like. I went to feed my other two this morning and I just stood in front of his empty stall for a while. Then I walked over to the arena and stared at the spot I'd last seen him. Some of the guys buried him for me last night after I'd left, I don't even know where yet. I was so overwhelmed by the support. When I got there at 10pm almost all of the other horse owners were out there socializing. When I went and told them something was wrong they all immediately pitched in. There had to have been close to 20 people there, families, kids, people I didn't even know... Everyone did whatever they could without hesitation, helping me walk him, running for buckets, blankets, hoses, ropes, racing out into the arena to help push and pull him back on his feet every single time he went down and always encouraging him to keep walking, keep fighting. Thinking about it now, I'm amazed and so grateful. I've always considered all of those other horse owners my friends, but until last night I had no idea just what wonderful people they all really are. I don't think a single person left before 3:30am, when I made the decision to let him go. I feel like a zombie, I'm on autopilot, just stumbling around doing things that need to be done. I don't know how long it'll take me to get used to looking at that empty stall, or eventually seeing another horse in it. He was my favorite of my 3 for just hanging out and talking walks together. He was like a big puppy dog, easy going and always happy to see anyone who stopped by. He and my stallion were good buddies, they'd been together for the past two years, their stalls here were right next to each other. Last night I glanced over at the stallion's stall and saw him watching us several times. At first he and Joker were talking to each other, then they stopped. I don't know what Bo thinks now that his friend is gone, but I hope he'll be ok...

The thought of Joker and Trudy racing with each other brings a small smile to my face. Run free my loves...

Bobbie-

I'm so sorry. You have been thru so much the last few months. Please remember we're all here for you.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest soul4greys

What a beautiful horse... now he is free to run with all the other beautiful creatures that God called back over the bridge.

Still, it hurts and I am so sorry for your loss. f_yellow

Guest greythunder

I'm so sorry for the loss of your special horse.

I had a pony once when I was younger. He was green broke, and my step father was hoping that I could get him to settle down and be more comfortable with riding. I swear that pony hated anything on his back. But, he also had a sweet temperment.

Anytime I would ride him, I would ride bareback with a halter and a bridle. But once I was out in the pasture, he would find places to buck me off! Once he bucked me off and I hit my head on a rock just below the ground. (could barely see it above ground) I was knocked out. But that pony came back and stood over me so that my step father could find where I had landed. (Except he never did come to look) When I came to again, the pony let me pull on the reins to get upright, and then stood nicely as I got back on and he walked gently and slowly up to the barn. That was the last time I rode him. My step father sold him against my wishes to a neighbor. The pony lived its life out in a pasture, and Was loved by a girl in a wheel chair.

I wish you many fond memories of your Joker.

Guest brennasmom

Hugs and prayers to you. If I had to guess what your two horses were saying to each other, I'd bet they said how grateful they were to be loved by such a wonderful human as you. Your stallion probably told Joker to be strong and fight hard. And Joker probably told your stallion to help you after he's gone.

My grandmother once told me that our pets are never really ours. They belong to God and He loans them to us for an amount of time. We never know how long that time will be so it is our job to love them with all of our might while they're here. Then, when God calls them home, we are blessed with wonderful, cherished memories.

Losing a pet is never easy, especially when you have to be the one to let go. God Bless.

:grouphug:hope