My Beautiful Angel Ali...

Guest Saphire

Guest Saphire

Today I lost a friend.... I lost my beloved kitty, Ali, today...

She was an angel in disguise...she came to me at a time when life was so hard for me...A time when I just needed a friend to love...someone who would love me back unconditionally and know that I was always there to love and take care of her...

Ali was about 6 months old when I got her from the humane society....she'd spent almost that whole time living in a small cage...so, when we brought her home she was so scared and unsure what to do with her freedom...she hid under the bed and was so cautious of everyone/everything...to this day she was that way...

But, out of all of the animals I have been blessed with Ali taught me more about love than any of them have...She taught me what it meant to be able to see the good in things that others thought were bad...Many times we were told that we should give her away...that she wasn't a good family pet etc...but, I loved her regardless and she always made it clear to me that she was home...

I know some may see it as silly to think a cat could teach someone so much about life...but, Ali did it...sometimes when I wouldn't know what to do I'd crawl onto my bed and here came Ali...she was ALWAYS purring and would snuggle against me and it was always like a sense of peace would encompass me and I knew everything would work out...many times when things got stressful for me, Ali would sense that and it was then that she would make herself known in this house...she would come out of hiding during those brief times and would make sure I knew she was there....

When my grandmother passed away in 1999 Ali didn't leave my side for 2 weeks...the only time in her short 7 years that she spent more than a few hours out of hiding...then one day she quietly slipped back into hiding and somehow I knew it was time to let go of my grandmother and move on...she taught me that there was a time and place for everything...that just because my grandmother wasn't visible that didn't mean she was gone...just as I knew just because Ali was not visible when she hid under the bed, she was not gone...

I sit here with tears in my eyes and sadness in my heart...but, I still can't help but laugh when I think of her...the way she'd come out at night and slip into our bed and curl up on Jeff's head to sleep...yep on his head...lol...the way she'd lovingly swat my foot as I walked by the bed and then suddenly run out and run up my pant leg purring and then disappear just as quickly back under the bed...the way she'd hide under the clothes in the laundry basket and jump at me when I went to put them away...so many things about her made no sense to me at all...and probably never will...but, they made her who she was and who I needed at the time...

I know she is running free scared of nothing now and I know she would want me to find whatever good can be seen no matter how bad it all looks...she was my brave little soul yet so scared of everything....the one who showed me that you can still be scared yet strong...that you can still hurt but there comes a time to move on...that life changes but, no matter how difficult you adjust...that just because things aren't seen doesn't mean they aren't there...she taught me about faith....

I always believed she was a wise soul that God gave me in a time of need....amazingly yes I learned these things from a cat...some may think it's odd...but, I will always know that Ali was more than just a cat...she was my friend...

I was sent this poem a couple days ago in a spam email message that I almost deleted...before we could of known any of this was going to happen...coincidence maybe...probably...it definitely came at an odd time that I will never understand...but either way it fits now and I'm so glad I received it...

Momma misses you Ali...God speed my sweet angel...

My Forever Friend...

There's something missing in my home...I feel it day and night...

I know it will take time and strength before things feel quite right...

But, just for now I need to mourn...my heart it needs to mend...

Though some may say "it's just a pet", I know I've lost a friend...

You've brought such laughter to my home...and richness to my days...

A constant friend through joy and loss...with gentle loving ways...

Companion, Pal and Confidante, a Friend I won't forget...

You'll live for always in my heart...My sweet forever friend...

Ali with our big white boy Blizzard...

BlizzAli.jpg

I'm really very sorry for your loss :cry1:f_pink

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest argolola

What a beautiful tribute to beautiful Ali. God bless her as she runs free at the Bridge, with no fears and no pain.

I hope Zombie will show her around the Bridge, if she hasn't already. Hugs to you.

I doubt there are many people here who would be surprised you could learn so much from a cat - certainly not me. Animals can teach us so much if we let them.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Ali was beautiful - not just physically, but her personality and her self were beautiful.

You will miss her. :f_pink:bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

My deepest sympathy. I know as Ali is chasing butterflies at the Bridge...she is looking down upon you with yet one more of lifes lessons. Bless her heart and yours too. Know that she is always with you... :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest shiningstar

A very touching post and I don't think its silly at all to think a warm, purry,furr friend can teach you so much. And give so much. :f_pink

Edited by shiningstar

What a beautiful post! I'm sorry you had to lose such a special friend.

Guest claysmom

I am sorry for your loss. :grouphug:grouphug As I read your tribute I cried with you, it is never easy to lose a family friend that is nonjudgmental and always there when you need them. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I'm so very sorry. f_yellow:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so very sorry Nina and I do understand perfectly what you wrote and feel. I had a very special cat in my life, Pepper, and he taught me very similar things. You both were blessed to have each other.

Kelly

Kelly and the boys

Andy (Full Details), Savage (SanTan SavageTry), Tag (C Ya Tag Heuer), Hamlet (Huntington's Monarch Hamlet),

and Cleopatra (Huntington's Cleopatra)

Never forgotten & Always in my heart, Shawn (Call Me Gone) 02/09/99 - 03/23/06

and Josh (Great Contender*) 01/11/98 - 11/29/07

6be773b747390028badb20f184e30be3.jpg