Nadine....

Guest Heehoo

Guest Snowy8

We just got word today that Nadine passed away yesterday afternoon at home. She was a beautiful fawn brindle greyhound that was loved & cherished by Robert & Becky Frost. Very elegant, very lady like & always willing to share her bed at the Meet/Greets.

Becky had let Eli, Hercules & Nadine out into the yard yesterday afternoon thru their doggie door. The boys came in, but Nadine didn't & when Becky went outside to get her, Nadine was laying in the grass.

They got her to the vet, but it was too late. An autopsy has been ordered.

It's always so so sad to hear about things like this...

Becky & Robert love their greyhounds so much. Becky drives an Expedition and because its too high off the ground for the pups to jump, Robert had a ramp built that the pups walk down. They stand quietly waiting while he attaches the ramp to the back of the SUV and then quietly walk down....stand & wait & then everyone walks to the meet/greet.

Nadine was recently featured in the Bartlett newspaper sitting in the front seat of Robert's corvette, she looked ready to go out scoping for male greys. Nadine was a special pup, she was one of those with a short tail...but it didn't stop her...she wagged all over. Recently we were at a meet/greet & it was greyhound nap time...she continued to sleep while little children gathered around her & petted her...she was so easy going & so loving.

She will definitly be missed by all the volunteers at MSGAO & by Robert & Becky.

Run free Nadine... :f_red:gh_lay Greyhound angels are rejoicing that you have come to join them in watching over the world!

I am so sorry. Run free sweet girl...run to the angels. f_yellow:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

What a heartbreaking loss. :( Godspeed, sweet Nadine. :f_pink

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest HHDesigns

Robert and Becky -- I cannot tell you how shocked and sorry I am. I know she was your little girl and the costume queen and such a sweet, sweet girl. Know that you are in mine and Billy's thoughts and prayers.

:f_white

Guest greymom23

I am so sorry for their loss. My heart goes out to them.

I am wondering if this was a heatstroke?

Run Free Sweet Nadine. :gh_run

:f_red:grouphug

Guest HHDesigns

Here is a picture of Nadine from the MSGAO Doggy Wash -- she's the light brindle behind Caddy, the darker brindle. Such a pretty girl...

e38ac9dce736dd5f3aa570c97aeaa1d3.JPG

Nadine was either 7 or 8, still very young. and very sweet. We will miss you Nadine. Sending our love and prayers to Robert and Becky, This is a heart breaking loss for them. God Speed sweet Nadine. :f_pink

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Snowy8

I think she had only been outside for a few moments, and Robert installed a doggie door so they went in & out all the time.

I worried about that also. Just the slightest heat...especially with greyhounds. Bless her heart.

We will know more once the autopsy report comes back. We'll keep you posted. :gh_lay

Guest Joe_N_Mists_Mom

How horriable and sad. Please let us know what the results of the autopsy are.

Rest in Peace sweet sweet girl.

edited for spelling

Edited by Joe_N_Mists_Mom

Guest BellaDonna1

Run free sweet Nadine.............you came to the adoption kennel when your first owner did not take very good care of you. My heart broke for you because of the condition you were in. But Nadine was a trooper, she was back on her feet in no time. And then this very sweet couple, and I mean very sweet, Robert & Becky came in the kennel and fell in love with you. My heart jumped for joy, I could not ask for a better home for Ms Nadine. My eyes are full of tears now when I think about that day you went home with Robert and Becky. They gave you the best years of your life. Thank you Robert and Becky for loving this sweet girl and thank you Nadine for touching our lives at the kennel and everybody you were around. Love you Nadine and run free with all the other precious angels. We will see you again someday.

Guest Snowy8

I went over to the adoption kennel this morning, we were going to bathe pups, do turn outs. On the way over there, I got to thinking about Nadine, Becky & Robert & of course started crying in the car, luckily I had on sunglasses & was on some back roads. When I got to the kennels, Robert & Becky's expedition was parked there. So I had to suck it up & go inside. We did our I'm sorrys & hugs & talked a minute, then we all started crying again & then making fun of each other for crying...its good therapy to help out like that & laugh.

Robert told me that they had Nadine cremated & her ashes were to be ready today. They were going to leave the kennels & go to Dixie Hills Memorial & get them. I had a feeling they were going to do that, he & Becky went last year to an open house/memorial service for the K9 unit members killed in the line of duty & that it was a really nice place.

Dumplinsmom was there also & so they told us what had happened, Robert had been sitting there watching tv & had all 3 greys around him being petted, he got up & let them out the doggie door, which was routine. He said about 2 minutes passed & Eli & Hercules came back inside, but Nadine didn't. He had heard them running around the yard & said everything had been normal.

Becky said the stove alarm went off for her biscuts she was cooking & so she got up & as she passed the door, she saw Nadine laying in the grass in her favorite shady spot & at first didn't think anything about it, but decided to call her because it was awful hot outside. She said usually Nadine lays there & then looks up as if to say: What? But this time, Nadine didn't respond. Becky said she opened the door, Nadine didn't respond & Becky said she went cold & screamed her husband's name & ran out the door.

Robert gathered Nadine up in his arms (he's about 6'4") and carried her to the truck while Becky called the vet, the vet met them at the vet's office & he said it appeared she may have had a blood clot to the heart. He said otherwise she was in perfect health. Robert said from her standing there being petted 5 minutes before, he said he would have never known anything was wrong but evidently the running & playing caused a blood clot to move & it went to her heart.

Seeing Robert stand there with tears streaming down his face and looking at his wife Becky for support was so heart breaking. He told me they were going to turn all their focus & attention on the boys right now. Eli & Hercules are both getting older, I think they're both 8 or 9 and he said right now they just want to recuperate & get their thoughts together. I told him that who knows, a special needs pup might just show up one day & he'll know its for them.

I showed them how to get on Greytalk so they could see the sweet notes everyone has been sending. They really appreciated me showing them & telling them we had posted on there for them...it really meant a lot.

:gh_lay