I have a similar problem to lazySuzie. A greyhound that wont walk. I have to put her in the car and drive her out of town. She is eager to get her harness on and start the walk but as soon as she sees another dog or person she will turn around and go the other way. I have tried to make her stay where she is until the other dog has passed but she just stands behind me crying and faces the other way.  Sometimes we may see a kangaroo or rabbit while on our walk and she is fine with them, looking but otherwise taking no notice. Its only dogs and other people that bother her. She enjoys her walks on days that we don't see anyone, trotting along with her tail up (only as fast as I can go though). I would love to take her with me more often when I go out but she is scared of everything. She is fine with people who come to the house.

Is there another grey nearby that you could join for walks? I know some adopters have used that strategy. I had one nervous boy who did a lot better when he was with his "sisters" (the other greys I had).

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I thought of another grey, too, or other friendly dog that she knows or could get to know inside her house first.  Then try going out together.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter