Captcha? More of a "Nope"-cha fail for me.

I don't often use my iPad for GT but recently I have encountered having to select Captcha images to continue to sign in. Even if I get the photos correct, and even if my sign on is correct, I am still not recognized.   :dunno

I don't often sign out on my laptop, but that has never prevented me from logging on with my phone. 

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

interesting, I've never seen that during a login, just when signing up (creating a new account) and I just logged out and back in and didn't get a captcha.

I have noticed that most captcha's I come across these days on other sites ... the ones that you need to click everything with a bike, stairs, stoplight, etc.... they all fail for me, I always have to click the sound option and type in what I hear, clicking always fails. Seems ad blockers can cause that, and I'm pretty locked down.

The one you see here is matching a puzzle piece isn't it? Or do you see the one I mentioned above where you need to click all the xx boxes? 

Regardless, you shouldn't be seeing that on a login, just during a new registration.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Yes, I could do your demo puzzle completion.

I had the "click on all photos with" and the "click and drag puzzle". Neither worked. I do remember seeing Sign In not Sign On, but that's where my email address and password failed, prompting the captcha.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

are you able to try it soon? If so, I will disable captcha (which is really only on for registrations, and the puzzle one) so weird you saw the click xx one and on a sign in page.

Let me know if you're able to test it and I'll disable it.

Sorry for the delay, Jeff. Had a nearby tornado last night that fortunately didn't touch down.

7:15am currently on laptop

Switching to iPad: clicked Sign In, entered user name and password.
"use saved password", Yes I generally leave it on that, able to now proceed without a captcha.

Edited by macoduck

tiny hada siggy.png

Jeff, Ducky asked me to chime in here with my captcha experience on GT, since mine was different from hers.

I'm using a Lenovo Ideapad, running Windows 11.

I was in GT and had written a post. When I pressed the Submit Reply button, I received a screen asking me to prove my humanity by putting a dot "where the car's path will end".  This was NOT an typical looking Captcha screen at all in look or function.  No pictures from which to select, no voice option.  Instead there was a drawing of a maze looking scene with a car and a number of colored lines that seemed to represent the car's potential path.  No answer that I provided satisfied this screen.  I finally abandoned my GT post and decided to try again later.  I hesitantly came back to GT the next day and had no trouble posting and there was no sign of the mysterious screen.  Unlike Ducky, my issue was not related to signing into the site.  It occurred upon clicking the Submit Reply button.  Also, it was clearly something other that the typical Captcha screen we are all used to encountering.  No collection of photos, but single picture asking the user to click on the car's final destination.  There ahs not been a repeat of this for me.  I think this happened either last Friday or Saturday.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

14 hours ago, macoduck said:

Switching to iPad: clicked Sign In, entered user name and password.
"use saved password", Yes I generally leave it on that, able to now proceed without a captcha.

Interesting since I did not make any changes. I hate to say it, but I suspect you clicked sign up and not sign in, because the sign up button is much more obvious.

7 hours ago, LBass said:

Jeff, Ducky asked me to chime in here with my captcha experience on GT, since mine was different from hers.

Very odd indeed. The only time anyone should see a captcha when posting is if you are not logged in, and that was only an option here in the tech forum, but after the last round of spammers, I disabled guest (not logged in )posting completely. I have no clue why you would have seen a captcha while posting unfortunately. 

Thanks Jeff. Certainly possible that I clicked the wrong button.  I'll let you know if it happens again on my iPad.

tiny hada siggy.png