Suddenly not wanting to walk in the evening

For 2 years we've had no problems walking. Then, for the past 4 nights, Smithy hasn't wanted to walk. He'll do the morning one fine, nice good walk even in a bit of rain or cold - but each evening, he hasn't wanted to walk. He barely wants to leave the door, but the past 3 he's made it down the road to poop before turning back. This night he didn't even get to that end of the road to poop before completely stopping. When we turn around he's back walking like normal leading us home!

It's really weird behaviour and has come so suddenly. Nothing else seems weird especially as he walks in the morning totally fine. He does drink a load of water before a walk which is worrying now as he's not doing this evening stroll to pee a few times.

Could this be anything or just normal greyhound weirdness?

He could just be being greyhound contrary but equally something could have spooked him recently - just because you didn’t notice it, it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen! Are you able to walk him a slightly different way- turning left out of your gate if you normally turn right, for example? Or take him out through the back door instead of the front? A little change might help to break this habit. 
Also, how old is he? Just wondering if his eyesight might be starting to fail him, and he might be seeing shadows that are freaking him out a bit

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Grace has stopped joining Guinness and me on the 7am morning walk but is happy to join us on the day's second walk. As she's nearly 9, had a couple of racing accidents and suffers with corns I let her have a lie-in. I figure she deserves it.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

• 4 weeks later...

On hot days, during our pre-dinner walk, Jupiter will lead me straight to the vacant lot and poop.  That's his signal he does not want to go even to the end of the road for a walk.  As we have a long morning walk/jog, I figure it's o.k.  After all, it's frickin' hot out there.  I don't want to walk either. :lol

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound