Tranexamic Acid

Annette

Banjo is going in for a dental on Tuesday.  It is his first dental with us since we adopted him less than 2 years ago (he had a dental not long before we adopted him).

It's been 2 years since we have taken a pup in for a dental (Miriam back in 2021) and I can't remember how we gave her the pill.  Can it be given disguised in a piece of hot dog?

Thanks

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

2 hours ago, Annette said:

Banjo is going in for a dental on Tuesday.  It is his first dental with us since we adopted him less than 2 years ago (he had a dental not long before we adopted him).

It's been 2 years since we have taken a pup in for a dental (Miriam back in 2021) and I can't remember how we gave her the pill.  Can it be given disguised in a piece of hot dog?

Thanks

It would help if I included the name of the drug/pill we will be giving him:  Tranexamic Acid.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Annette, I just pop the pill right in the mouth. It's slightly big. Pill pockets or cream cheese are popular here for my difficult pill takers.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

3 hours ago, Remolacha said:

You can give however you usually give pills. As I recall, you want to start it at least 24 hrs before surgery, but it has been awhile since I had to use it. If I am wrong or things have changed I am sure someone will correct me :D

I think Roy was told to start 1 1/2 days before his dental.  I am happy we don't have to try and give him the pills without hiding them

3 hours ago, macoduck said:

Annette, I just pop the pill right in the mouth. It's slightly big. Pill pockets or cream cheese are popular here for my difficult pill takers.

We will go the hot dog route.  I am not able to pop a pill in his mouth since I still don't have full range of motion in my right arm (another story that is getting really old :( )