Wants to go home on some walks?

Rumble gets walked 3 times a day, often gets let off for a good zoom and is always happy, bouncy and totally up for it. In the last week or so, mainly on his night walk, he's gone as far as he needs to for poos and pees then stops dead. Once we give up and head home he happily walks back with no trouble. He doesn't have any foot issues as I'm meticulous about corns, no pain I can see as he's literally jumping and bouncing around before walks. Last night he was OK, but this morning my dad took him out and he stopped halfway to the field and wanted to come back again. 

What's going on? Could he be slowing down? He's only 6 so I'd have thought he'd still have plenty of energy. He's no stranger to freezing but this is quite different. Normally his freezing is when he's having a strop because we're not going where he wants to go. He normally loves walks, and only goes home because we make him, so I'm a bit worried. :(

Anything new in the area? Is he standing there looking bored or are those ears perked up like he is alarmed by something?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Nothing new as far as I know, and yeah, he sort of just stands looking bored. I know from when he hears clanging sounds (which terrify him) when he's upset, so he doesn't seem distressed in any way. It's like he does his toilet then goes "nah". :/ I've even tried taking him a different route, same problem. The best I could do was take him down streets he's unfamiliar with, because then he doesn't know which way is home, but that only works as far as there's new streets! 

They sometimes go through phases of not wanting to do something and after a couple of weeks they carry on as if there wasn't a problem. At one stage Grace wouldn't turn left out of the driveway. At the moment she doesn't want to jump in the car first thing to go to the park but will do a later in the day.

If he is getting a corn it won't show for sometime but it can still be painful. Use an old toothbrush slightly damp and brush his pads. The corn will show up as a small dark spot.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Is it warm out? My Logan dislikes walking even in the 70's (Fahrenheit), and by the time it gets to the 80's he is usually short-timing his walks.

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)