Seeking updated information on home blood pressure monitors

Several of the people I can think of who may have experience with this are away at the Mountain Hounds event this week/weekend. They may not see the post until they return, so just wanted to let you know that responses may come a little later than usual. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

You mean, as far as using them?  Or new products?  Or medical conditions?

Last thing I heard discussed was getting a human one and adding a tiny cuff used for babies, then take the reading by wrapping the cuff around their tail.  I'm not sure how that compares with a traditional BP reading for dogs, but I would talk about it with your vet as it sounds a lot easier.  My dogs would totally freak out when it tightened up, I think, so some training and desensitization would need to occur prior.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I'm interested in hearing about successful use of an indirect monitor for oscillometric measurement.  I think that's the easiest method for non-vet people to use.  It could be an instrument for human use, or specifically for vet use.  My greygirl has white coat fear and, with covid, has not had reliable readings with our vet.   Frequently, it's "can't get a reading."  

I would ask your veterinarian if they have a petmap and if so if they would lend it out.  The most accurate way to obtain an accurate reading is with a Doppler but those are more challenging to use and often it’s a two person task.