Lip Discoloration

When Jenny joined our family a year ago her lips were black now they are pink.  It looks like she’s wearing lipstick.  They also seem a bit fleshier to me at the sides of her mouth.  She does not exhibit any discomfort. 

I switched her stainless steel food and water bowls recently to glass on the off chance she’s sensitive to stainless.  

Any ideas?

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I think it's just normal pigment changes through time.  It seems to happen more with black and white and cow dogs.  :dunno    Our Lilly has spots that change all over her lips and mouth.  Never any problems for her.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

6 minutes ago, greysmom said:

I think it's just normal pigment changes through time.  It seems to happen more with black and white and cow dogs.  :dunno    Our Lilly has spots that change all over her lips and mouth.  Never any problems for her.

Jenny is almost entirely black. Huh.  Good to know it is a natural occurrence.  

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

i had noticed that Lettuce's pigment was getting pink- i spoke w/ her breeders they suggest Sea Meal. Not a ton- but it seems to give her what she needs- black pigment is back. https://www.chewy.com/solid-gold-supplements-seameal-skin/dp/49210

it's not expensive, i would give it a try. her breeders have been around for over 30 years and stay pretty simple w/ supplements.

6 hours ago, cleptogrey said:

i had noticed that Lettuce's pigment was getting pink- i spoke w/ her breeders they suggest Sea Meal. Not a ton- but it seems to give her what she needs- black pigment is back. https://www.chewy.com/solid-gold-supplements-seameal-skin/dp/49210

it's not expensive, i would give it a try. her breeders have been around for over 30 years and stay pretty simple w/ supplements.

I’ll look into it. Thanks!