Quick Question Clean Ear Tear

quick question, straight clean ear tear, 1/8" edge straight up for 3 inches! fortunately felix has prick ears. yes, a jealous action from his buddy Maggie(they have know each other and lived together many times over the past 9 years). but it's straight and has YES clotted! boy do those ears bleed!

we used flour since quick stop was not available and then when i returned home i cleaned it w/ hydrogen peroxide, applied triple antibiotic ointment and it's clotted.don't even try bandaging an ear unless you have unlimited stock in both gauze and vet wrap- it takes a ton to bandage up the head securely(ear flat against the head). i cleaned it w/ hydrogen peroxide again today since both dog saliva, dried blood and flour needed to be removed, it was gross.

it's healing nicely. so, the question is: debris the edge w/ peroxide to form scar tissue or leave it alone.

( i remember annie's web tear, my vet had me clean it with peroxide daily to help form scar tissue. no problems with her paw what so ever after it healed in a week.)

yeah, poor old felix is having a hard time these days.

Ruby degloved a portion of her ear a few years ago.

I did manage to keep a super extra large human bandage (Elastoplast type 4" x6" ?) on it for a few days, just to keep the flap closed. I kind of wrapped it around the entire ear flap and stuck it to itself.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

My vote is leave it now. I try and have a hands off approach for most wounds though - only what's necessary.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly