Richmond/short Pump, Va Boarding Kennel

Hello all!

I am interested in recommendations for the Richmond, VA (specifically near Short Pump, VA) area for a boarding facility for my greyhound Remington. Previously, I boarded her at my vet in Northern VA and I know she did well there. She is a brood mama who is 8 years old with some separation anxiety so I want to make sure the kennel is not a stressful experience for her. I have found a few places that seem nice, but I wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations!

Also, I have looked into pet sitting before but with her separation anxiety, she cannot be left alone and usually does well in a traditional boarding situation instead. I am open to hearing about alternatives though if they can accommodate separation anxiety!

Hello all!

I am interested in recommendations for the Richmond, VA (specifically near Short Pump, VA) area for a boarding facility for my greyhound Remington. Previously, I boarded her at my vet in Northern VA and I know she did well there. She is a brood mama who is 8 years old with some separation anxiety so I want to make sure the kennel is not a stressful experience for her. I have found a few places that seem nice, but I wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations!

Also, I have looked into pet sitting before but with her separation anxiety, she cannot be left alone and usually does well in a traditional boarding situation instead. I am open to hearing about alternatives though if they can accommodate separation anxiety!

Many vets who board have no one present in the facility overnight. Be sure to ask the question about 24/7 human presence onsite.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I found my sitter through Greyhound Sitters Exchange Facebook group. He goes to their house so then even when they are working he is home with their greyhound (and non-grey) for company. You might be able to find someone in your area! I like that group because it's all people familiar with the quirks our greys sometimes have.

Sarah with P Kay Ruger "Rogue"

gc2Re0q.jpg?2

If you can, feel free to reach out to a local Richmond group, James River Greyhounds. I adopted both of my girls with them and they are a lovely group to work with. I bet they'll have some ideas for you. Good luck!

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).